Special Hobby Westland Whirlwind Mk 1

Iain

On 4/13/2021 at 12:17 AM, brewerjerry said:

And the way the canopy is molded gives me the impression that the prototype screen is easy to do, in the future 

Possibly. Modifying the exhausts, cowls, empennage and other things unique to the prototypes will take additional work but I’m okay with doing that.

cheers

Adam

modelforum.cz

Mr. Riedel answers some questions regarding the Whirlwind here:

Verze Whirlwind FB Mk.I, kterou chceme uvést po odprodání základní verze, bude verze Hi-tech. V této stíhací-bitevní verzi bude i česká stopa. Samostatně pŕipravujeme doplňkové sady kol, hlavní kanonů, kompletní kanonové výzbroje, figurky nastupujíiho pilota a možná další....

They are preparing "Hi-tech" version for the release later on. 
And also some add-ons for wheels, cannons, full cannon armament, boarding pilot's figure and more...

Juraj

25 minutes ago, npb748r said:

looks really good, looking forward to getting this on the bench. My biggest issue is what colour scheme to do. Earth and green, no wait, grey and green, no wait, earth and green, no grey and green........and so on.  Grey and green I think has the edge, but maybe earth and green...oh b$@&*+ !

very simple solution to your conundrum....

buy 2.

go on, you know you want it ....:evil_laugh:

7 hours ago, npb748r said:

looks really good, looking forward to getting this on the bench. My biggest issue is what colour scheme to do. Earth and green, no wait, grey and green, no wait, earth and green, no grey and green........and so on.  Grey and green I think has the edge, but maybe earth and green...oh b$@&*+ !

Thats how i ended up with 2 1/24th typhoons, that and bubble top vs car door

9 hours ago, npb748r said:

I'm definitely going for earth and green as I'm a suckered for the early two tone lower wing!

Regards. Andy 

12 hours ago, npb748r said:

Hi

Or even an op starkey version, or the modified one R-R had with modified intakes and all sky undersides

cheers 

jerry