Special Hobby Westland Whirlwind Mk 1

Iain

Thanks Juraj!

Things starting to really shape up now!  Looks really good to me. The pit does look a tad on the chunky/clunky side, but that honestly is not a huge issue, as I'm sure its likely not as chunky in person.  One can slim things down with some sanding sticks too, and Im sure the AM will come eventually as well. 

Looks excellent.  Looks like all it will need is some Airscale instrument decals, some Barracuda stencils, and some HGW seatbelts to bring it all together.  Can't wait for this one to be on the market.  I'm sure Master is already prepping cannon barrels for it.

Matt 

17 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Looks excellent.  Looks like all it will need is some Airscale instrument decals, some Barracuda stencils, and some HGW seatbelts to bring it all together.  Can't wait for this one to be on the market.  I'm sure Master is already prepping cannon barrels for it.

Matt 

IIRC the cannon is one of the cannon types used on the Hurricane.  Master currently offers both types. 

1 hour ago, Rick Griewski said:

IIRC the cannon is one of the cannon types used on the Hurricane.  Master currently offers both types. 

I think those were Mk.2s, while the Whirlwind used Mk.1s.  Might be some slight differences between them, at least on length.

Matt 

18 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

I think those were Mk.2s, while the Whirlwind used Mk.1s.  Might be some slight differences between them, at least on length.

Matt 

I will not show the cannon bay open so only the spring recoil type on the front end will matter to me. 

aeroscale.net - Whirlwind Ready For Release

Special Hobby have announced that their eagerly awaited 1:32 Westland Whirlwind is all set for release.

Our model of the Whirlwind portrays the fighter variety of the type, and comes on ten styrene sprues and one with the clear parts. The decals cater for four machines which sport the earlier green and earth as well as the later grey and green schemes.

· a model of this type has never been kitted in 1/32 before

· highly detailed model

· accurate and well researched decals with a set of servicing stencils

SH32047 is due for imminent release by Special Hobby - Price: 69.80 Euros

:thumbsup:

Juraj