Special Hobby Westland Whirlwind Mk 1

Iain

On 1/13/2021 at 1:18 AM, Kagemusha said:

From the latest SH newsletter;

"One of the most exciting models we are going to release this spring is, no doubt, the Westland Whirlwind Mk.I in 1/32, which is in the final stage of preparations now." 

This is great, I am new to this site but not to modeling.About 45 years ago I saw a scratch built Whirlwind, not only was it one of the first 1/32 scale "models" I saw , but was unaware of the Whirlwind's existance, which led me to more interest in the whole Genera of WW II and modeling. I have been waiting  ever since for a kit of this a/c. Hopefully it will be soon along with the "extras" like  the resin pieces and whatever else SH decides to do. !!!

EdLSP

On 3/6/2021 at 6:44 AM, Kagemusha said:

Dave scratchbuilt a Whirlwind quite a few years ago.

On 3/7/2021 at 1:13 AM, MikeMaben said:

Very nicely too   :clap2:

Annnnd your welcome everyone because had I not done so, you just know the Special Hobby 1/32 kit would never have come into existence! HA! :)

Mind you, I expected an injection molded kit to come out within a month when I completed it...... been awhile! 

We'll see how long it takes for a new injection molded P-51B to appear after I finish the P-51B conversion.

Cheers and stay safe!

Dave/Ironman1945

8 hours ago, Neo said:

They always got me figured out.  Add post to get the thing to the USA and I cypher it will be about the same.  I will wait until my LHS brings the kit in.  They award a 10% discount to IMPS members. 

• 2 weeks later...