Special Hobby Westland Whirlwind Mk 1

Iain

Some interesting stuff from their newsletter today :

I would like to wish all our customers only the very best in 2021. We believe the upcoming year is going to be much better than the last one. Although 2020 was not unsuccessful for our company at all. Our plans for the first half of 2021 seem to be, at least to us, very interesting. One of the most exciting models we are going to release this spring is, no doubt, the Westland Whirlwind Mk.I in 1/32, which is in the final stage of preparations now. Just before being finished is yet another project which originates in our cooperation with Eduard. After the exquisite Bf 109 E-4, the Bf 109 E-3 version is going to hit the market this February, after that we are going to jointly produce the Tempest Mk.II. Our boxing will offer the so-called Hi-Tech style with resin detail parts including a partial replica of the engine with some of the cover panels open. The fire which struck Eduard company only made our collaboration deeper. We were more than happy to offer them the free capacity of our injection machines, to help them recover from the loss of their sprues stock. It also means the Tempest Mk.II kit will most likely be produced using our injection machines. And more joint projects will follow, too. 
   Another new kit of our own production you can expect this spring is the taller (or precisely, more bulged) canopy version of the SF-260 in 1/72. This type is being prepared also in 1/48, with both canopy styles. And the turbo-prop version SF-260TP will also follow, in both scales of course. Another highly attractive model will no doubt be the first of the 1/72 Mirage III/5 family. We will also bring you one more re-release of an older Mirage F.1 kit, as well as its reboxing with new schemes. The Mirage F.1EQ/ED is still quite sought after so we have decided to restock it. Sometime during the spring, a new reboxing will be released, this one portraying the South African F.1AZ/CZ version. Our range of WW2 aircraft will benefit from the addition of a couple of version of the Japanese transport and training aircraft, the Tachikawa Ki-54. You can start looking forward to one more 1/72 P-40 and the range of post-war jets will welcome a new member as well, the 1/72 A.W. Meteor Mk.14.
  In the first half of 2021 we also plan to release the reboxing of another company’s kit -  Academy ‘s 1/72 AT-6G Texan. We will supply new injected canopy parts as well as a set of resin parts to convert it into the earlier war-time AT-6/SNB version,as well as the Harvard Mk.IIB-IV produced for the Commonwealth.
  We are also preparing some more kits of various military vehicles which will be available under the Special Armour label. There will be kits made from the molds we bought from the MK72 company and those of our own design and production. The first kit from the MK72 molds will be the 1/72 Sd.Kfz. 250/1 Alte Ausf. A.
   Let me also point out a couple of detail sets from the CMK range, namely those for the new 1/72 Bf 109E kit. Several various resin sets will also be prepared and offered for the new Mirage III and Whirlwind kits. We are also working on a couple of finely detailed figures in various scales. And last but not least, we will soon offer you a couple of new tools for working with resin. 
  We hope and believe that all those things I have mentioned above and which are going to be available during the first half of  2021 will be interesting to you, our dear fellow modellers and customers. We look forward to hearing from you and getting your orders.
A.Riedel

7 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

The Special Hobby -109 is in 1/72, not 1/48.

And I think that this Tempest II will be the 1/32 kit, but released by Eduard this time with new decals and the engine set added.  Probably to help Eduard get off the ground again after the fire.

Matt 

It's this.

57 minutes ago, dennismcc said:

Great news, this is probably the only kit I will buy this year apart from the CR42.

Cheers

Dennis

And you'll love the Cr.42! I just received mine last week, and it's beautiful. Right on part with their Gladiator. Really excited to see what else they surprise us with this year! Between ICM and SH, we sure are a spoiled rotten bunch right now.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

18 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Infinity, yes.  No real timetable on that one though.

Matt 

Still waiting patiently for the Helldiver kit before that one!

Although my wallet will get absolutely picked clean when the Vampires turn up, been waiting for a lot of years for said aircraft in 1/32 scale. 

...........Still excited about the Whirlwind kit though!