Special Hobby Westland Whirlwind Mk 1

Iain

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

I hope Master have a set of gun barrels on the way. 

Great photos Nick. 

IIRC Master produces two different types for the Hurricane. The gun with the visible spring is the one we need. 

https://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/masam32074.htm

Rick

Edited by Rick Griewski
Added link

The one drawing I've found of the guns, does indeed seem to show the flat (not round) recoil springs, so I suspect those Master cannons will work a charm. Also, the same book (4+), shows the pit with the seat removed, so combined with the snaps above, gives a fairly good look at the interior. No matter what though, I'll bump the Valiant Wings book to the top of my "books to get" list, when the time comes.

Wasn't sure because how can you be an LSPer and not have lots of cabinets. I have two large ones and I'm running out of room, with no space or money to get any others. Not too far into the future the local kids might be the recipients of a few of the older models.

TRF

57 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

I was being facetious. Some of us don't have display cabinets.  :)

Edited by fastterry

12 hours ago, fastterry said:

Wasn't sure because how can you be an LSPer and not have lots of cabinets. I have two large ones and I'm running out of room, with no space or money to get any others. Not too far into the future the local kids might be the recipients of a few of the older models.

TRF

I had a pretty cool display cabinet at my old house, but sold it when I moved. Nothing here either, though I may get one in the next couple of years.

Oooo not seen the Dieppe raid aircraft images before, great photos and really does show the slapped on fashion on the nose cone.  I have recently finished the Classic Airframes kit as a Dieppe raid machine and that a great kit which has great cockpit details and shape.  Although I did scratch various details too.

I am very much looking forward to the Special Hobby kit and having seen their cockpit details ( okay the seat is the wrong shape but we need something to change) I have very high hopes for the kit and I can't wait.

Chris

13 hours ago, VW Chris 1969 said:

Oooo not seen the Dieppe raid aircraft images before, great photos and really does show the slapped on fashion on the nose cone.  I have recently finished the Classic Airframes kit as a Dieppe raid machine and that a great kit which has great cockpit details and shape.  Although I did scratch various details too.

I am very much looking forward to the Special Hobby kit and having seen their cockpit details ( okay the seat is the wrong shape but we need something to change) I have very high hopes for the kit and I can't wait.

Chris

Although often reported as a fact, Whirlwinds did not take part in the Dieppe raid. The scheme in the photos is for a pre D Day experiment/ German defenses probe around the Pas De Calais named Operation Starkey.

Steve

On 8/9/2020 at 10:11 PM, Bradleygolding said:

Although often reported as a fact, Whirlwinds did not take part in the Dieppe raid. The scheme in the photos is for a pre D Day experiment/ German defenses probe around the Pas De Calais named Operation Starkey.

Steve

Thanks Steve for putting me right, every day is a learning day.  

All the best

Chris