75Sqn RNZAF Mossie - Tamiya kit

seiran01

I've been plugging away slowly on the Tamiya Mosquito kit in between starting to add lozenge decal onto my Wingnut AEG kit. Seeing that SB has the Wingnut Sopwith Camels in stock today, let's see how much I can get done on this kit before they land.

If you've seen Anthony's amazing 1/24 Mosquito build, this is basically a scaled down build of the same thing, except without needing so much extra work.

Here's the cockpit progress so far, I'm quite liking how this is turning out. First time I've used Tamiya's photo etch belts and liked how they turned out. I'll be using the Yahu instrument panel.

4F61686D-088E-4CE5-AE29-9700192F5FEF_zps

• 2 weeks later...

The cockpit is finally done and fuselage glued together, I've not yet installed the nose guns but that's not a must-do before fuselage assembly.

Apologies for the dark photos, I was in a rush last night and this will likely be the last build update for 2-3 weeks.

Off to Oz for my brother's wedding!

160C0CEA-B30F-4A6E-A878-0770E1780772_zps

You may notice the tiny bits of the Eduard color-etch in the background... parts that small and I simply do not get along, and I reinforced that with this build by losing every single tiny part I tried to glue on from that set. Still, the additional placards, dials and instrument faces from the set complement the Yahu control panel nicely! 

97A33B41-E2EF-4A6A-BC8B-15C816DC6369_zps

Guest Peterpools

MIke

Way to go and what a start on the Tamiya Mossie front office. Having just finished my tamiya Mossie, I'll be following with great interest as I have another planned for much later this year.

Keep 'em coming

Peter