Aussie FAC in Vietnam. Cessna Bird Dog FINISHED!

ericg

Guest Peterpools

Eric

Outstanding and as usual no deal no matter how small misses your critical eye - even more amazing is everyone of those details are incorporated into the model seamlessly.

Awesome work, simply awesome

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Peter

Eric,

I've been along for the ride since you started your build, and have enjoyed and learned something from every update. The finished model is an absolutely brilliant replica of a Cessna Bird Dog. What's more the story behind the model made it just so much more personal. Thanks for sharing that with us.  :wow:  :yahoo:  :thumbsup: 

Joel

Yet another absolutely stunning effort, Eric. I'm sure Mac will be absolutely delighted.

I thought I'd throw in a pic of Mac in later life, just to show how much he (and I) had deteriorated. That's Mac on the extreme left, me on the extreme right, outside Buckingham Palace during a Battle of Britain 50th Anniversary event. Not the slimline Mac of his Vietnam days ;)

matt.jpg

Edited by Brick

• 1 month later...

Alan, whilst I cant discuss the who/where/how aspect of the tiller, a couple of years ago I was approached by someone to make some for retiring pilots at a certain company, so I did! 

IMG_5833_zpskhie1rhq.jpg

IMG_5863_zpsdvihvmz9.jpg

Finally got caught up on this one mate!!

Nice!!

And the birddog is outstanding too!!

Cheers

Alan

Those CAR 15 handguards were issued back in during the Vietnam era. I didn't know that. I thought that was an 80's era issue.

Huh, learn something new every day!

Tim

First designed to meet a USAF ejection seat requirement in 1965 (ish), the onto the XM-177E2.

Eric - lovely finish, looks fantastic!

Edited by GMK