New Wingnut Fokker D.VII Variant coming in 2nd Quarter 2017!

seiran01

My two-penn'oth* 

I tend to build models of a particular aeroplane, not a type. So my two Camels are two specific aeroplanes, based on as much info as I can find. That's how I enjoy the hobby. So, these different Fokker releases make perfect sense to me

And that's how I enjoy this hobby, other folk are free to enjoy it in any way they choose

I do find this discussion a bit bizarre having read through threads about bumps on jet tailplanes, cockpit layouts, locations of trigger cables on missile pods, Spitfire wing types.... WWI 'planes are pretty simple compared to the complexity of modern ones

Apart from the colours of course...

Richard

*Quaint old English expression used to add charm

.... Germans like their diesel's ...

Which is really odd ... because their Panzers ran on petroleum where as soviet gear ran on diesel and was more reliable at temperature extremes because of it.

... No wonder their pilots faces were extra sooty ... keeping the goggles clean must have been a task ... I would've loved to hear the engine sound - loud and low revving.

To loose a enemy off your tail, just hammer the throttle and watch 'em get lost in the smoke :D

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

Which is really odd ... because their Panzers ran on petroleum where as soviet gear ran on diesel and was more reliable at temperate extremes because of it.

... No wonder their pilots faces were extra sooty ... keeping the goggles clean must have been a task ... I would've loved to hear the engine sound - loud and low revving.

To loose a enemy off your tail, just hammer the throttle and watch 'em get lost in the smoke :D

Rog :)

Junkers Jumo 204?

Richard

Can't tell what option 1 is, but that's your one for the streaky camo on blue.  I wonder how the decals look compared to brush painting the streaks? Presumably oils would be best for that

I remember seeing photos of the streaky decals in the earlier D.VII kit. As I recall, they didn't look all that great to me, much like the AM Fokker Dr.I streaky decals that I also remember seeing around the same time. I personally believe the modeler is way better off doing his own, but that's just me.

Can't make out profiles 1 & 3, but 2 is Berthold's (Jasta 15), 4 looks like Schaefer's (but shouldn't it have a Jasta 15 red nose?), and 5 Loerzer's (Jasta 26). AFAIK, these three were all early or late Mercedes-powered Fokker-built.  Leads me to believe that the new kit is just original 32011 parts with decals for 5 more examples.

Read through thread and still have a whacky WNW Fok. DVII kit question. Owning two already (OAW, and ALB), and with the extra parts within those kits, would it be possible to get a second kit of the up and coming Early DVII and make it a later one with the extra parts from the other kits as well as using leftover decals?

Asking because it could sort of be a "second chance" build perhaps since other kits are no longer available...  :mental:

Edited by phasephantomphixer

Read through thread and still have a whacky WNW Fok. DVII kit question. Owning two already (OAW, and ALB), and with the extra parts within those kits, would it be possible to get a second kit of the up and coming Early DVII and make it a later one with the extra parts from the other kits as well as using leftover decals?

Asking because it could sort of be a "second chance" build perhaps since other kits are no longer available...  :mental:

To get a late Fokker D.VII, you could always trade that OAW kit of yours for my D.VII (F). :whistle:

Do you have a particular late Fokker built subject in mind (pilot/scheme)? I have quite a few left overs from my two previous builds and the one underway now - it is possible I might be able to send you the bits to convert your OAW/ALB to a late Fok built (not an F though)

I remember seeing photos of the streaky decals in the earlier D.VII kit. As I recall, they didn't look all that great to me, much like the AM Fokker Dr.I streaky decals that I also remember seeing around the same time. I personally believe the modeler is way better off doing his own, but that's just me.

I think you have the streaky decals Kev,  I sent you all my DVII decals with the kit I sent you.  Pretty sure they were in there.

ron

I think you have the streaky decals Kev,  I sent you all my DVII decals with the kit I sent you.  Pretty sure they were in there.

ron

That's entirely possible, Ron. I haven't looked inside there in quite a while. I'll dig it out and have a look-see.

Given the fit of WNW decals, I'd suspect the streaky decals are a decent baseline for an early machine. Paint-wise, you'd simply be replicating the effects from the Dr-1. If you are doing an early plane, and need some streakies for your build, PM me.