Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

The cockpit is decent from the box only needing some wires and mods . An early seat . Some varied IPs and exhaust are way higher in my wishlist . Extended tail plug and refueling probes are even higher than a full pit in my book .

13 hours ago, kikka said:

The cockpit is decent from the box only needing some wires and mods . An early seat . Some varied IPs and exhaust are way higher in my wishlist . Extended tail plug and refueling probes are even higher than a full pit in my book .

As for the missing depth of the cockpit, as stated earlier, that would be around 3.5mm. 

That translates to 11.2cm or 4.4 inch in real life. With the ejection seat in place, how visible will that really be, I wonder?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, dutik said:

Where are the counterweights located?

Meanwhile an old warrior resting in peace:

pk001ezk22.jpg

Former South Vietnamese AF,  then VAF, now at Praha-Kbely.

Regards

- dutik

Hi,

The counterweight is for the F-5F only , and is located at the very rear of the aircraft's underside just in front of the exhaust cans, in the groove between the engines. It is used to counter-balance the weight of the radar in those longer nose of the F. See the pic of the Swiss F in the link directly above this post. I have been told that the three original Topgun F's BuNo's 160964, 160965, & 160966 did not have the counter-balance weight due to the fact that they had their radar's removed, and the weight was not needed. HTH, Fred K.

Edited by f5guy

On 7/11/2019 at 7:33 AM, Tony T said:

Anyone got an update on Gary's inlets and Two Bobs' Alconbury Grape sheet ? 

It seems to me that there is already a set of intake ducts out there.

21 minutes ago, f5guy said:

Hi,

The counterweight is for the F-5F only , and is located at the very rear of the aircraft's underside just in front of the exhaust cans, in the groove between the engines. It is used to counter-balance the weight of the radar in those longer nose of the F. See the pic of the Swiss F in the link directly above this post. I have been told that the three original Topgun F's BuNo's 160964, 160965, & 160966 did not have the counter-balance weight due to the fact that they had their radar's removed, and the weight was not needed. HTH, Fred K.

Actually, it’s on the RF-5E Tigereye too.

11 hours ago, f5guy said:

I have been told that the three original Topgun F's BuNo's 160964, 160965, & 160966 did not have the counter-balance weight due to the fact that they had their radar's removed, and the weight was not needed. HTH, Fred K.

Hi Fred,

The story goes that all adversary (US NAVY - NFWS, VF-43, VF-45) F-5s had the radar removed during the first years of operations.