Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

20 hours ago, f5guy said:

Agreed! I have not used KASL resin before. Any comments from those who have? I'll probably jump on one of my F's when the cockpit set comes out. I've wanted to build a 32nd F-5F for at least 20 years now! Fred K.

I have used KASL 1/48 resin sets and I can say they are very well done and very well detailed, they use gray resin, 

I have bought KASL from HobbyEasy https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/category/AIR12345678/AC48U/maker/KASL.html ,

this page for example where You can see yourself the level of details in the sets 1/48 , perhaps  in 1/32 will shown more.

KASL48026B.jpg

F16

This is really excellent news. Im hoping either Gary of GT Resin, or someone else is currently tackling the intake trunks. Then for me its down to finding some suitable replacement flattened resin wheels.

Anyone know if anyone makes a set for the KHM F-5 yet? 

4 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

This is really excellent news. Im hoping either Gary of GT Resin, or someone else is currently tackling the intake trunks. Then for me its down to finding some suitable replacement flattened resin wheels.

Anyone know if anyone makes a set for the KHM F-5 yet? 

The Profimodeller wheels/tires are nice and with some small tweaks, they will fit the KHM kit.

fkODnA.jpg

Cheers,

Chuck

50 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Those are way too bulged for an in-service F-5.  No pilot would take off with tires that flat.

Hey, we're talking about tiny pieces of plastic that are trying to give our models a bit of an artistic edge.  No pilot would take off with a plastic cockpit either.

cnln1P.jpg

Cheers

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

On 1/23/2019 at 8:45 AM, Out2gtcha said:

I had not heard that either, but good news for sure!   As soon as a pit set and intakes are available, I think Ill be investing in one of these

I'm waiting for the same reasons, that and some nice USMC adversary decals :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Two Tuesdays have come and gone.  Nothing on their FB page.

I know, they're such teases! Wonder if they'll produce an RF set like they do in 1/48..? Might have to email them again, if I do will be sure to ask what Tuesday afternoon, though your time will probably be in the morning, life eh..?

• 3 months later...

Any news regarding a resin cockpit set for the E or F? I heard that KASL was doing one, but have not heard anything more. These kits REALLY need cockpit sets, but it seems like they're being totally ignored. Maybe if we could convince Aires that they're really an F-14, or BF whatever..... Then there would be tons of resin released! :P Fred K.