Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

I think sometimes we forget, WHATEVER subjects are picked for kitting, the vast, overwhelming majority of the kit buying public WON'T be buying it!! Not an AFV, or ship, or wrong scale, or wrong war, or nationality, or too much rigging, or natural metal finish, etc etc . Almost any excuse!!

The manufacturer must concern himself if ENOUGH people will buy it. And that is a scary decision to take......

Not to change the topic, but I think if Tamiya would produce a Fruitbat in 1/32 scale, it would outsell the Mirage and F-5(X) combined...just sayin   :rofl: But a 1/32 scale CF-116A would be nice though :)

Brad

Edited by Brad-M

Would make for a cool dio if I had a Tomcat and a way to mount it upside down over the "mig".   :lol:

I'm actually working on exactly that dio in 1/48th scale. The MiG-28 is built from the AFV Club F-5F and the Tomcat is the HobbyBoss F-14A. I'll be using clear acrylic rod to mount the two aircraft over a sea base and I'll be mounting them with a slightly more realistic separation between the two aircraft :D!

Capt. Feinstein was credited with 6 kills making him the top American ace of the VIetnam War. He was a WSO at the time & flew with different pilots who scored kills. Further, don't forget all the double digit Mig Killers of the Korean War. 

If memory serves me correctly, Capt. Jeffery Feinstein got five kills in Vietnam as well as a RIO. Col. Olds got four, but reportedly let someone else have number five on more than one occasion. So I've read anyway..... Fred K.

Capt. Feinstein was credited with 6 kills making him the top American ace of the VIetnam War. He was a WSO at the time & flew with different pilots who scored kills. Further, don't forget all the double digit Mig Killers of the Korean War.

I believe it was WSO Charles 'Chuck' Debellevue who was credited with six.

The top jet aces from the supersonic era are all Israeli (?)

I'm not disappointed with the apparent sinking of the F-5E kit, if it ever was real, just slightly annoyed that the 1/48 RF-101C and F-101B never happened. Everything interesting from Kittyhawk seems to sink without trace. At least the Mirage may be more than that - more than another illusion.

Tony

I think sometimes we forget, WHATEVER subjects are picked for kitting, the vast, overwhelming majority of the kit buying public WON'T be buying it!! Not an AFV, or ship, or wrong scale, or wrong war, or nationality, or too much rigging, or natural metal finish, etc etc . Almost any excuse!!

The manufacturer must concern himself if ENOUGH people will buy it. And that is a scary decision to take......

Just work with some of the big retail channels to get sales data from the other scales, work out correlations to 1/32, establish some factors for brand, competition within type-segment etc. and you should be able to get a really accurate forecast model. Keep fine-tuning the model with every product release...

Worst case you can use things like Google Adwords to get data on searches like "1/32 F-5" and products you already market and build a model from that.

Point is there should be plenty of data out there to build a pretty sound forecasting model off of.

Cheers,

Marcel

Edited by Marcel111

Affirm...you are correct. 

I believe it was WSO Charles 'Chuck' Debellevue who was credited with six.

The top jet aces from the supersonic era are all Israeli (?)

I'm not disappointed with the apparent sinking of the F-5E kit, if it ever was real, just slightly annoyed that the 1/48 RF-101C and F-101B never happened. Everything interesting from Kittyhawk seems to sink without trace. At least the Mirage may be more than that - more than another illusion.

Tony

well I think the new F-5E will be far better than the old Hasegawa and Revell ones...

there is a LOT of variations to build...only when I think about the aggressors shemes...

You are absolutly right !

For many modelers throughout the world, the F-5E Tiger II offers a vast variety of modelling projects,

covering 24 Air Forces ( 3 in the USA ) and very beautiful patterns of camouflage all more colorful than

each other :

Alu, Blue, Flogger, Frog, Grape, Lizard, Pumkin, Sand, Silver, Snake, Greys, Splinter, Jungle

( Grey Green Brazil ), Middle East ( Desert ), Southeast Asia ( Vietnam ), North Africa ( Tunisia ) etc...

and I am certainly forgetting many others.

B)

SharkOwl

3 US Forces

Brazil

Mexico

Ethiopia

Kenya

Jordan

Iran

Saudi Arabia

Tunesia

Morocco

Greek

Switzerland

Netherlands

Norway

Soviet Union

Philippines

South Korea

Malaysia

Singapore

Taiwan

South Vietnam

Vietnam

If I got them right.

The Russians got one from Vietnam and put it into service for aerial combat training with full Soviet markings.

Regards

- dutik

3 US Forces

Brazil

Mexico

Ethiopia

Kenya

Jordan

Iran

Saudi Arabia

Tunesia

Morocco

Greek

Switzerland

Netherlands

Norway

Soviet Union

Philippines

South Korea

Malaysia

Singapore

Taiwan

South Vietnam

Vietnam

If I got them right.

The Russians got one from Vietnam and put it into service for aerial combat training with full Soviet markings.

Regards

- dutik

The HAF (greek AF) never flown the E version only the A/B