Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

Agreed, Brian. Glen isn't a 'fake news' kind of guy. He's been shut down once or twice in the past, if I remember right. Remember a certain Grumman 1950's Navy fighter, for example?

He posts here frequently enough to tell us what's what, for sure. Since he's said nothing about the Freedom Fighter being dropped, I'm just a bit skeptical.

Guest Smitty44

Well if I remember correctly Glen had personally informed Michael, and I thought someone here that the F-5E would hit the shelves in March which would mean that the moulds would have had to have been cut already and production started. One would think.

Well, whatever it is, I'm sure we'll get their F-5 soon enough. Anything could happen, we're dealing with Chinese production, logistics, and shipping to distributors, so anything can happen.

Yeah, it's too bad AFV Club didn't upsize their F-5 series; they are awesome kits!

And a 1/32 F-5E/F would outsell a Mirage 2000 by 500:1.

Jeesh, that's objective. Maybe in Arizona.

I wonder how many Hasegawa Tiger repops are gathering dust on Asian hobby shop shelves and people's stashes (?)

Tanmodel have the Talon and Freedom Fighter in their schedule which is great news - maybe a Portuguese T-38 and Norwegian RF-5A will join my little plastic air force (?) - and I will definitely buy the Kitty Hawk Mirage 2000C. It's the only game in town.

Tony

I can confirm the F-5 was not fake news. You would not design a model just for fake news.

Norbert

Thank you for this information.

One thing sure, I will buy both 1/32 Kittyhawk's Mirage 2000-5F and F-5E Tiger II.

And 1/32 Trumpeter's Mig-29 ( 9.12 ) Fulcrum A too !

:frantic:

SharkOwl

Edited by SharkOwl

And if you're about to type something about KH knowing what will or won't sell, they don't. No manufacturer has a crystal ball (they wish they did). But the F-5 family has been around far longer, been flown by far more air forces, in far (far) more interesting color schemes than the Mirage 2000 would ever hope to match.

Nope. Simply pointing out the facts that Glen is not in control of what KH produces. I dont pretend to know what they are thinking within that realm, I only know Glen has input but is not in charge of the final say so. 

Jeesh, that's objective. Maybe in Arizona.

I wonder how many Hasegawa Tiger repops are gathering dust on Asian hobby shop shelves and people's stashes (?)

Tanmodel have the Talon and Freedom Fighter in their schedule which is great news - maybe a Portuguese T-38 and Norwegian RF-5A will join my little plastic air force (?) - and I will definitely buy the Kitty Hawk Mirage 2000C. It's the only game in town.

Tony

I dont give two rats butts about the F-5 honestly. As was pointed out, there are plenty of the old-tool Tiger LSPs around and its just a model/subject I dont care about in the least. Now the Mirage 2000 I will buy in a heartbeat! 

However, I am really pining away for a T-38. Im hoping Tan or someone gives us one as an LSP. 

And a 1/32 F-5E/F would outsell a Mirage 2000 by 500:1. 

I have to assume you are referring to the US market when you say this, as that is not the only market they are considering. Taking into account the other markets KH is aiming for along with the US, I think your numbers are slightly off........

I took a look at the KH website recently and as yet the F5E has not made it onto the 'Coming soon' section so would guess that the model is still in progress somewhere.

Previous announcements are there, so where that leaves this project is a matter for further discussion?

Let's wait and see and indeed if Glen cares to comment on it at some point. 

I also noticed that the 1/32 Jaguar had also been struck from the Cyber listings, hope that is still ongoing? 

Edited by Royboy

Stuff goes off and on the Cybermodeller listings like a flashing beacon.

The Kittyhawk process can be frustrating and bizarre too. Whatever happened to the 1/32 T-33 and 1/48 RF-101C ? Just blown away like a f**t in a thunderstorm.

Tony

They posted artwork of a Voodoo on facelook, but I don't recall it being a recon version, and more than likely 1:48 scale. If they were to do a 1:32 F-101B or RF-101B, I'd be all over it like a dog on a bone.

And a 1/32 F-5E/F would outsell a Mirage 2000 by 500:1. And if you're about to type something about KH knowing what will or won't sell, they don't. No manufacturer has a crystal ball (they wish they did). But the F-5 family has been around far longer, been flown by far more air forces, in far (far) more interesting color schemes than the Mirage 2000 would ever hope to match.

They don't have a crystal ball, but apparently you do? I see what you're driving at though, I think we all have our belief as to what we think will or will not sell well, and I'm hoping this new Mirage sells like hotcakes. Me personally? I'd buy a Mirage 2000 in a heartbeat, an F-5,... probably not.