Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

I had the Black Box 1/32 set when I build 1/32 models (now I am a 1/48er  guy) and it was wonderful .

Now I have the 1/48  KASL F-5s sets and they are also great !

F16  

4 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'm rather surprised that Aires hasn't popped out something for this bad boy yet.

it depends how KASL Hobby makes its resin sets. if they use CAD, it's relatively easy to convert what they have right now in 1/48 to 1/32, however, if they don't it will take some time to create a new set. Less we forget that they're monitoring how the market sales for the specific kits are doing. For example, if Academy had chosen not to offer the AFV CLUB F-5E/F in a lowered price neither AIRES nor KASL would have produced their sets.

As they say, 'patience is a virtue'. Let's start with buying the kits (that is, for us you haven't done so yet!) and then wait a little bit more for either the AIRES and KASL resin sets to fill the market. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Fenous said:

Probably their other sets for KH kits did not sell well.....

Whoever is deciding Aires release list needs to really get out more.

Someof there decisions both for releases and non releases make you wonder if they have any idea about what would be popular.

No A-6 stuff in 48th or 32nd for a kit now in its second run in both scales, No Mig-29’s lucky we have CWS but lost money for Aires.

Lets release heaps of stuff for the worst Trumpeter kits then ignore the big selling good ones...now lets do the same with Kittyhawk...marketing insanity. 

14 hours ago, Darren Howie said:

Whoever is deciding Aires release list needs to really get out more.

Someof there decisions both for releases and non releases make you wonder if they have any idea about what would be popular.

No A-6 stuff in 48th or 32nd for a kit now in its second run in both scales, No Mig-29’s lucky we have CWS but lost money for Aires.

Lets release heaps of stuff for the worst Trumpeter kits then ignore the big selling good ones...now lets do the same with Kittyhawk...marketing insanity. 

It makes me wonder, that's for sure. I've got 11 of the KH F-5E's, 3 F-5F's, and 2 Trumpeter A-6A/E's. They could all use some resin cockpits, but thus far, no one wants to take my money :BANGHEAD2:  Fred K.

Edited by f5guy

6 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

KASL are indeed producing cockpit sets for the kits.

Just now, Jennings Heilig said:

Where did you see that?

I had not heard that either, but good news for sure!   As soon as a pit set and intakes are available, I think Ill be investing in one of these

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

I had not heard that either, but good news for sure!   As soon as a pit set and intakes are available, I think Ill be investing in one of these

Agreed! I have not used KASL resin before. Any comments from those who have? I'll probably jump on one of my F's when the cockpit set comes out. I've wanted to build a 32nd F-5F for at least 20 years now! Fred K.