Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

Yes, forgot about the 1st time customer deal. I did get that. I also got good service. I got an email once the kit was available to ship and then it showed up within 3 weeks of that so they shipped it right away given that it takes the slow boat. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 3:57 PM, drhornii said:

The intakes are almost a drop in fit. Hoping for them tobe released before end of month. Long intake to cast in one piece. Looks like KH intended to make intakes then did not finish that part. 

Aftermarket intake trunking? By whom?

• 4 weeks later...

I got my two-seater yesterday and was puzzled by the instruction sheet! It took me some minutes to understand you have to remove the staples to get the pages with complete schemes views. By the way there is no page number page 28 but two pages 26.

Unfortunately, the kit has again one very typical Chinese-produced kit issue: zero information about the schemes... :-( However, the schemes look really attractive even if, as already written, some of them are not accurate for the kit as it is.

By the way, I also got a second-hand Blackbox single seater pit for twenty euros. No doubt this will be helpful to update the F-5E kit.

Last, take your time to compare prices! I found one for 83 euros to see another one twenty minutes later for ...70 euros! Ouch!

• 2 weeks later...

Any comments to the crossection of the radome?  To my eyes, it looks like an ellipse that has the long axis off the centreline (think Spitfire wing) rather than a true ellipse?  From pics,  the nose looks a bit too flat and straight in profile to my eyes...

• 3 weeks later...

Gents,

FYI for those who might be interested, I have started a build of the F-5E kit and I have successfully jammed a Black Box resin cockpit (made for the Hasegawa kit) into one.  Build thread is here:

1/32 Kitty Hawk F-5E, Kicked Up A Notch

oTWe6C.jpg

RTaYaV.jpg

wAC5T2.jpg

Much of what I am about to do to this kit I gleaned from these prior pages, so feel free to chime in if you care.

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

I did ask one of the guys at the Aires stand at Telford last year whether they would be releasing a cockpit of the KH F-5, and he shook his head.  Don't know how deeply he is involved in the decision making process however...

43 minutes ago, jenshb said:

I did ask one of the guys at the Aires stand at Telford last year whether they would be releasing a cockpit of the KH F-5, and he shook his head.  Don't know how deeply he is involved in the decision making process however...

Probably would have responded similarly to the T-28, but they've released a couple of sets for that, I don't think it controversial to say the F-5 kits will be much more popular.