Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

Hi Don - my point exactly - out of 7 different boxings, only 3 are available in limited numbers and they aren't the most popular or have the 'mainstream' markings in the box - I'm sure the aftermarket decal manufacturers love them!

I currently have 3 AFV Club F5E/F and a Freedom Models F20B/N Tigershark in the works and I have to say I'm enjoying every last minute building them!

As a named "PhantomPhanatic" I must say I feel a bit of a traitor to my first love!!!

Steve S.

1 hour ago, DonH said:

Tha AFV Club series of F5s' in 48th have 'spoilt' the F5 modeller as they show what can be done but they're getting a tad old and hard to come by now.

Have a look here...

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=7888&code=&product_type_id=&scale_id=955&keyword_search=F-5&setPerPage=25&currency_id=

I have a Singapore Tigereye that I am itching to start.

By the way, all AFV Club F-5E kits no longer available at Hannants of UK are still available from various online retailers in USA.

A quick research on these most popular USA online retailers and you will find all of them.

B)

SharkOwl   

Release date announced for the 1/32 Kitty Hawk F-5F Twin Tiger II is September 5th 2018.

Hong Kong’s ''Sincere Hobby'' will most probably be one of the first online retailer to have it in stock and they already offer a ‘’Pre Order’’ option for it.

B)

SharkOwl

Reference from ''Sincere Hobby'' retailer of Hong Kong :

https://www.sincerehobby.com/product/kitty-hawk-1-32-tiger-ii-f5f-kh32019-sincerehobby

On 8/1/2018 at 8:34 AM, Tony T said:

I asked Two Bobs about the Alconbury grape sheet, or part of it, being scaled up and they indicated it well might. Have they now categorically stated they will not do this?

If this is confirmed it is a very goob news indeed.

Lets wait and see if Two Bobs ''might'' do it or ''Do'' it.

As I mentionned before, Two Bobs could easily regroup all USAF agressors F-5E ''Bot Numbers'', serials, badges, stencils, etc.. on one large 1/32 decal sheet covering all subjects proposed on their 1/48 decal sheets plus a set of different color scheme instruction sheets.

And all the research needed is already made by Two Bobs. ( I repeat : all the research needed is already made by Two Bobs. )

I am just surprised Two Bobs Decals do not have done it yet.   

B)

SharkOwl

Edited by SharkOwl

I'm not keen on generic sheets as it's the small touches, like air and ground crew names, that are the real pull, as are the comprehensive instructions for a handful of subjects.

I'd rather Two Bobs created a 1/32 sheet or two with very specific aircraft subjects in mind, judiciously picking from their wealth of material; the heft of 1/32 deserves more attention to detail. 

Tony 

13 hours ago, SharkOwl said:

If this is confirmed it is a very goob news indeed.

Lets wait and see if Two Bobs ''might'' do it or ''Do'' it.

And all the research needed is already made by Two Bobs. ( I repeat : all the research needed is already made by Two Bobs. )

I am just surprised Two Bobs Decals do not have done it yet.   

B)

SharkOwl

I sure do hope that Twobobs scales their USAF aggressor sheets up. Bob could literally corner the big scale USAF F-5E aggressor market with one release of a half dozen sheets. Time will tell.... Fred K.

On 7/9/2018 at 5:37 PM, mgbgtv8steve said:

I forgot to say - " come on Jennings with the JASDF decals for the '104 and Harold of AMS with the intake and exhaust covers for the F 5"

Time for a lie down now 'cos I'm too too excited!

Steve S.

JASDF F-104 decals? Oh, yessssss, some nice Agressor schemes, please!!!

Now back to the regularly scheduled program.... :innocent: