Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

Welp, that's definitely unfortunate. That's been a problem on multiple KH kits now.  A hole straight through the fuselage isn't a good look on airplanes

Matt 

I have to agree here. FOD covers are a poor choice (to me), but a lot better than gazing at the fuselage interior, that's for sure. Quickboost or similar will probably eventually take care of that for us, or at least I hope so.

Guest Maxim

That's really disappointing with no intake trunks. Someone will release some aftermarket ones I'm sure of it but does drive the cost of the kit up to have to buy aftermarket intakes on something that should have been supplied with the kit. Hopefully KH they will take that on board for future kits.

Are you saying that the F-5E kit only has a bulkhead with compressor faces on it, for that glamorous see-through effect we've all come to know from Revell? Oops. And if no bulkhead, double oops. Imagine a new 1/32 radial engined prop kit with just a disc and some engine-looking lumps on it? It would get torn to pieces.

This fix is GT Resin or Rhino territory.

I like what I've seen about most of this kit but the wallet time lock is currently programmed for the Kitty Hawk 1/48 Voodoos.

Tony

Michael Benolkin of Cyber Modeler is currently building a 1/32 KittyHawk F-5E Tiger II, in a backdated version of the first operational years,

with pointed radome, no lerx, no rhaw blisters, etc...

It is quite interesting to follow his progression on the building process.

:popcorn:

SharkOwl

Reference : https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/builds/kh/build_kh_32018.shtml

Can i build a late Swiss one from the box?

I know the decals are not there but i will find some

Thanks Mark

Funny Swiss F-5s should be mentioned. Just got my Matterhorn Circle decals in the mail today.

http://www.mc-one.ch/Documents/right%20stuff/dokuments/Tigone/Tigone-1.htm

Are you saying that the F-5E kit only has a bulkhead with compressor faces on it, for that glamorous see-through effect we've all come to know from Revell? Oops. And if no bulkhead, double oops. Imagine a new 1/32 radial engined prop kit with just a disc and some engine-looking lumps on it? It would get torn to pieces.

This fix is GT Resin or Rhino territory.

I like what I've seen about most of this kit but the wallet time lock is currently programmed for the Kitty Hawk 1/48 Voodoos.

Tony

Nope, not even a bulkhead, just a view straight down the throat of fuselage interior and two engine faces.

Guys look at this scheme, soon pretty :)

52822dd7d2ef75f578cb7e72fbcaacf9.jpg

Indeed! This one has been on my hit list for a long long time. I took detailed pics of this jet one day at Fallon, and they were used by Fightertown Decals to do decals in 48th scale. I've been shopping them around trying to get someone to do them in 32nd scale, but no luck yet  :hmmm:

I had a chance to talk to a Saints pilot about this scheme, and he told me that it stood out like a sore thumb in the summer months, but was lethal over patchy snow in the winter. Fred K.

Edited by f5guy