Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

'Not really. What's needed is to trim these forty-something pages down to the salient fixes, which would take up about three pages of solid, useful info. from Airfixer et al, and then pin it.'

Think global.  Not local.  Is there a difference?

Sincerely,

Mark

Guest Airfixer

I'm sure there will be a comprehensive and authoritative (official) tweak list once the first kits will have been finished, hence incorporating first-hand experiences from various builders.

â–º Unofficial F-5E Tweak List - Kittyhawk proposed marking options versus kit content/kit plastic: http://forum.largesc...66843&p=1031030 â—„

by the way , for the 761559 from VMFT-401 , what are the needed mods ?

F-5N-VMFT-401-761559-base.jpg

IMG_9237.jpg?m=1506502646

65066_1312850686.jpg

Great choice! You could build this jet OOB from the KH kit. The only additions that I can think of at the moment would be a modified instrument panel with the RWR panels (if you even care that much), and you'd have to scratch build the GPS dome on the spine. Other than that, you're good to go! HTH, Fred K.

ps: I'm off to NAS Fallon in about an hour, and will be shooting pics tomorrow. I will try to get some detail shots of the GPS dome to post here.

'Not really. What's needed is to trim these forty-something pages down to the salient fixes, which would take up about three pages of solid, useful info. from Airfixer et al, and then pin it.'

Think global.  Not local.  Is there a difference?

Sincerely,

Mark

No offence meant Mark; it's just that the tables and illustrations Airfixer has done is really useful. I hate "lists". Pictures are better!

Cheers

Tony

i agree with tony , pictures are universal. no language needed . and a lot easier to understand etc .

airfixer did a really good few explanations using real pictures and 3D ones . (if only some instructions could be done half as good ....)

Edited by kikka

Great choice! You could build this jet OOB from the KH kit. The only additions that I can think of at the moment would be a modified instrument panel with the RWR panels (if you even care that much), and you'd have to scratch build the GPS dome on the spine. Other than that, you're good to go! HTH, Fred K.

ps: I'm off to NAS Fallon in about an hour, and will be shooting pics tomorrow. I will try to get some detail shots of the GPS dome to post here.

A top view of the GPS dome would be highly interesting. This is one of the birds which are very high on my list (once my kit finally arrives).

Guest Airfixer

Sure, why not?

Apart from good old craftmanship, 3D printing is most definitely one of the roads that lead to Rome.

Either using the 3D printed part directly as a drop-in modification or using the 3D printed part as a master in order to create resin moulds.

In case the aftermarket will fail to provide one within the next twelve months, I'll most likely resort to CAD/3D printing.

Sort of taking matters into my own hands. 

Edited by Airfixer