57th FIS F-15

phantom

Are the C/D conformal tanks really that far off from the E? I ask because I swapped parts around between a Tamiya E and C kit to build a Bicentennial TF-15 and I am planning on using the E lower to build an Iceland C bird that used the conformals.

And the conformal tanks on the E are differnt from those on the C/D.

I'm not 100% sure... most probably the only external difference are the tangential pylons.

someone who might show the front profile of both the CFTs?

Edited by Luca

This was discussed here not that long ago.

The external shape differences are negligable.

The Tamiya F-15E can easily be turned into a C by swapping front ends with a C kit which will result in a C fitted with confirmal tanks and a D.

If you want there is a great post up at ARC on the panels you need to fill vents etc to apply to get thecTamiya Eagles sorted.

The whole lot where compromises in terms of panels etc.

In short yes you can but if you want it super accurate the info is out there.

This was discussed here not that long ago.

The external shape differences are negligable.

The Tamiya F-15E can easily be turned into a C by swapping front ends with a C kit which will result in a C fitted with confirmal tanks and a D.

If you want there is a great post up at ARC on the panels you need to fill vents etc to apply to get thecTamiya Eagles sorted.

The whole lot where compromises in terms of panels etc.

In short yes you can but if you want it super accurate the info is out there.

My list is posted here too, do a search for eaglekeeper and on ARC ol crew dog...

You can't put the nose section of the 1/32 Tamiya C on the E aft fuselage and call it a C. There are so many things on the Tamiya Kit to include the Gun door , Main gear door, tail hook cover panel, JFS chimney vents need to be from the the C model.

Considering their C model is actually the E molds your talking a conversion before the conversion. True my list of the Differances helps but keep in mind the E is a complete different bird.

Yes the differance in the CFTs is neglageble?

To add to my previous the discussion is in the GT Hobbies forum in a thread on F-15 stuff.

Conformal fuel tanks where being used at least as early as 1982.

Operationally we did start to use them till 83 -86 at Langley were we were testing all types of configurations. We flew them with bombs out to the Dare bombing range on a daily basis loaded with all sorts of Air To mud ar,ament. Did not load Missiles till 85.

Operationally we did start to use them till 83 -86 at Langley were we were testing all types of configurations. We flew them with bombs out to the Dare bombing range on a daily basis loaded with all sorts of Air To mud ar,ament. Did not load Missiles till 85.

Appreciate all your info and the previous work you have done to share it...