Meteor T7. HK, Fisher Models Miracle Paint Masks

Jackson

Folks,

This is my take on the Meteor T7. Built using the HK Meteor, Paul Fisher's fantastic T7 Conversion set and markings using MalMayfield's fantastic Miracle Masks. I wanted to do this for a long time and in these markings. The model represents a machine of 502 ( Ulster ) Squadron Royal Aux Air Force Aldergrove 1956.

Painted mostly using Tamiya AS12 decanted into the Airbrush.

My thanks go to HK for producing the kit and especially Paul Fisher and Mal Mayfield without their talents I would never have completed this build.

Hope you all enjoy.

D572B8C1-0D11-4160-A2D8-115CC14926B3_zps

4D14CECA-9371-42A9-A5A5-EA0874BD5225_zps

ABED4E1D-0E07-40AE-96C8-34D1F526735D_zps

Thanks for looking.

Regards

Michael

Great job! I've got the same conversion somewhat underway, to depict one of two T.7s that the kiwis leased and based on Cyprus in the 50s. Overall silver with yellow tail band.

Did you spray the AS12 straight or have you dulled it down with something? it looks less shiny than the last thing I painted with AS12 and is much closer to the effect i want of painted silver than my piece appears.

Great job! I've got the same conversion somewhat underway, to depict one of two T.7s that the kiwis leased and based on Cyprus in the 50s. Overall silver with yellow tail band.

Did you spray the AS12 straight or have you dulled it down with something? it looks less shiny than the last thing I painted with AS12 and is much closer to the effect i want of painted silver than my piece appears.

Thanks Mike,

I thought it was a bit shiny out of the can.

As they were painted silver and not natural metal I wanted to tone it down a bit. 502 being a Reserve Squadron I guessed that they would tend to keep their machines quite clean.

I gave it two very light coats of thinned Tamiya semi gloss clear X35. Still has a bit of a shine but not too much.

My first attempt at painting silver.

Hopefully not looking too bad.

Regards

Michael

Thanks Mike,

I thought it was a bit shiny out of the can.

As they were painted silver and not natural metal I wanted to tone it down a bit. 502 being a Reserve Squadron I guessed that they would tend to keep their machines quite clean.

I gave it two very light coats of thinned Tamiya semi gloss clear X35. Still has a bit of a shine but not too much.

My first attempt at painting silver.

Hopefully not looking too bad.

Regards

Michael

Not looking bad at all, cheers!

Guest Peterpools

Michael

Awesome build - so very well done. Last year I built the Meteor F.8 with :Pauls conversion set and an absolute gem.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter