Tamiya F-4E to Modern F-4E

Deadpool

I have a build thread below that addresses everything you need to know (and a lot you don't!).

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/224033-132-tamiya-f-4e-post-vietnam-kicked-up-a-notch/

A lot of the text was corrupted by a server crash at ARC a few years ago, but you should be able to figure everything out.  Here's the final product...

FuselageLarge16.jpg

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

Thanks Menelaus and Chuck!

I'm actually doing the Revell kit now and using Ioannis Lekkas' book for a reference, so I know "most" of the mods that need to be made, but I wasn't sure if the Tamiya kit was an option. On further research it seems like a good base to start from. The big one was the slats for me and the conversion from unsalted to slatted.

Menelaus, nice job on the cockpit!

Chuck, mate that is one detailed build thread! Amazing. Thanks for providing the link. This will be ultra useful.

Thanks again guys for your input.

I have a build thread below that addresses everything you need to know (and a lot you don't!).

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/224033-132-tamiya-f-4e-post-vietnam-kicked-up-a-notch/

A lot of the text was corrupted by a server crash at ARC a few years ago, but you should be able to figure everything out.  Here's the final product...

FuselageLarge16.jpg

Cheers,

Chuck

Chuck,

I just spent 3 hours + going through the thread you posted... HOLY CHIMICHANGAS MATE!!! That's amazing skill right there. If I can get half of your techniques I'll be one happy model making mofo.

Thanks for posting!