Tamiya F-4E to Modern F-4E

Deadpool

So, I'm kinda hating my Revell F-4E and all it's inaccuracies, especially knowing that there is a far better Tamiya model out there. My question pertains to turning a Tamiya F-4E into a slatted more modern version, namely an AUP. Apart from the slatted wings and obvious IP enhancements, what other obvious external diffs would there be? I'm not talking small panels or hardly visible air vents, but rather large obvious differences that would differentiate the two variants. If this requires a major response, please let me know of a source which might already list these.

As an additional question, which slatted wing set would you recommend for a Tamiya kit? Many TIA.

hi

, Hellenic ( peace icarus..) F4E have different IP (front and rear) from the " standard versions " , and of course some  antennas added  here and there , especially in front of the wind screen , you should need the volume 1 " Phantom under the skin"   which covers the Greek Phantom 

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=64484

Alain

One thing I have to point out is that everyone always wants to put this "Belly Strap" on the F-4 for some strange reason.  Yes it was there in the early version of the E, J, N and some of the S versions as well.  I must stress here I have crawled under a few, no quite a few later model E Phantoms to see for myself this ongoing question.  The result, no belly strap.  The area in question when looked at did show a reworked and strengthened wing box with multiple riveting patterns in it, but no strap.  I did speak with several Crew Chief's about this area and they confirm that this was indeed the case when the F-4E's that went back to Depot maintenance that this was addressed as was the original leading edge "hard slats" to the later moveable and positionable leading edge slats.

HTH

This has been covered a number of times before.

IIRC 71-237 and up had the beefier lower torque box and no strap - there is a definite lip at the rear edge of the thicker box skin.

The strap was purely for F-4E slat retrofit jets and was also later used on Navy/Marines and RAF hard wings.

The Greek jets are all relatively late build F-4Es.

Tony