Ryan

1/32 A-10 Forward Fuselage

Paul, I would for sure be a taker for the A-10 forward fuselage, really excited that you will be tackling this.

You are probably already aware of these pics but I always thought the top views would come in handy for getting the contour of the A-10 nose right:

http://warthognews.blogspot.ch/2011/12/81st-fighter-squadron-10cs-caught-on.html

Cheers,

Marcel

Without reading all of this thread, asking if you have either of Jake Melampy's A-10 books?

Besides photo coverage, he has good info. including differences. The majority of changes to C 

are incorporated in the fuselage forward of where Trumpeter split it. The wingtips and tip of tail have

changed sensors/antennas as well. not everything mentioned, but those are the areas of interest.

The shape of the nose is incorrect forward of the windscreen, the canopy and windshield have the wrong angle where they mate when closed. Vents and antennas are wrong for the more modern time frames, 1991 onward I guess. The vents are not particularly fine either, and need a lot of work to look nice on the model.

Chuck did a stellar job in fixing his, but it involved a lot of sculpting.

The Trumpeter kit was doomed when they chose to upsize the 1/48 Tamiya kit inherent off all the same issues.

Back in 1982 I had to modify and fix all the same things, I was only a wee tyke and HAD to do something,

which really introduced me to scratchbuilding, and correcting kits. I of course HAD to have an A-10 since at

the time my Father was an Engineer on them and learned how Bad A** they were. In my dreams they chose

to upsize the Monogram/Revell kit - but then, we wouldn't be here buggin' Paul!

Can you elaborate on the changes that would be required ? I am still gathering data and knowing the differences going in would help to make that a possibility.

Thanks, 

Paul

Paul, to answer your question: If you choose to rework the forward fuselage to the correct shape, that will be the same for the A and the C. The C differs from the A primarily in the cockpit (esp. the IP, Harold's C IP is really nice). There are also some lumps and bumps differences but those are all pretty minor, as has been stated above Jake's book will show you all you need to know imo.

Cheers,

Marcel

Paul,

After seeing your A-1E (reviewed by Mr. Benolkin on his web sight) you are the man for this project.  I've long hopped a correction set would be available for the 1/32 A-10.  You can count me in for two sets, budget cast aside for this one.  Good luck, and i have a respectable library of A-10 references if you need an image of something.

V/r, Bwog