Ryan

1/32 A-10 Forward Fuselage

thanks, never done it. Eventually I would urge another person to do the mold and the casting ... the only thing that you said was that the piece would come "full" inside, but it would not be a bad thing because it would be firmer and even self-balancing (for the weight of the model), without the use of lead balls

Indeed, i think all the replacement nose i have are solid casting (not hollow) : AMS or GT F-4G noses, Master details F-4D HERPES mod nose, Avionix recce RF-4E nose, Zacto Su-27 nose.... 

I guess another poor mans way would be to slice up a Monogram a-10 every 1/4-1/2" on a band saw, then trace the contours and enlarge to 32nd scale.

You could then eyeball and massage the contours to fit the sliced off Trumpeter fuselage.

I have already observed the breakup of the Trumpeter pieces... the muzzle should be cut right at the windscreen's edge.
The best way would be to follow the 1/72 sections of scale plans (on D&S there is just one in-line where the Trumpeter kit should be cut), upsized at 225%, and then look at the trend of the curves comparing them with the Monogram muzzle ones.
So we need:

1) two spare 1/48 Monogram fuselage halves (to match with).
2) two spare 1/32 Trumpeter fuselage halves (with N22 part).
3) D&S scale plans 225% upsized.

2s1p4kl.jpg
Edited by Luca

I was hoping for a more detailed set actually replacing the entire forward Trumpeter fuselage, including the canopy.

Just the nose wont cut it.

I would just let Timmy! figure it out. It'll be perfect.

Cheers

Pete 

I would second this motion.  It's probably best to replace the entire front fuselage so you can correct the canopy as well and from watching Timmy!'s work over the years, I think he definitely has the skills to make it happen so Paul can pull off another incredible casting.  If He so chooses ... which I hope he does!

I literally just got off the phone with the esteemed Timmy!,

He has put quite a bit of time into a correction set and with any luck at all we will be able to come up with a proper front fuselage, cockpit and canopy in the near future.

Timmy! has also identified a number of other problems with the kit that may be addressed also.We shall see!

Paul

Guest Smitty44

Wow this is great news. I have built two already, and figured not to do another. If this is happening you can count me! I was wondering if a front end could be done, then different IP's and fiddly bits to do an "A" or a "C".. Either way, thanks!

He has put quite a bit of time into a correction set and with any luck at all we will be able to come up with a proper front fuselage, cockpit and canopy in the near future.

:speak_cool: that's a great news!! I'm in for 3 pcs.

yes, a correct A10 will be great.

first time I saw a real A10 was 1984 over the Munster range in northern Germany, flying low and firing the 30mm gun...I thought then..."I wouldn't like to be the target!....."

Guest Peterpools

Hikes! :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Paul I can't wait and a while ago I said I was in and I'm eagerly looking forward to firing off payment for the update set.

Christmas in May

Peter