We Need A 1/35 MV-22 Osprey

Backswampcub

Like I said I see them on a daily basis. I live in Richlands NC which is northeast of Jacksonville NC. I drive buy MCAS New River almost everyday on my way to work. The public Airport is just down the road from me and thru an agreement with the county they do touch and go's when there is not commercial traffic. I believe they use the public Airport due to its rural location as Jacksonville has grown up near the airbase. They operate at lower altitudes in my area then they do over Jacksonville. So it is not abnormal for the house to shake from the Ospreys or the 53s. I did not care for them at first but seeing them operate daily I have seen them operate in all modes. I can see the advantage they can provide coming in at speed as an airplane and hovering and rescuing like a chopper. I was also on my way home late Dec 12th 2000 coming down Ramsey rd which is a shortcut across the top half of the county. I was suddenly greeted by a Military road block which is unusual to see on a civilian road. The next day I learned that sadly that an Osprey had gone down killing all 4 on board. So I have a personnel connection with the Osprey as I have been here the whole time it has come into its own in the USMC.

The 1/72 Hasegawa one is very nice indeed, hope to build it soon (it comes with a flight stand and seated pilots OOB, so for mine, is fantastic!)

My opinion on 1/35 is that its a silly scale for armor, which needs to be 1/24 scale or so (not 1/16 - too big).

If you want your armor to match model aircraft, then 1/48 scale makes more sense. I have Academy's 1/48 CH-53E and while one in 1/32 would be, well awesome....its getting up to Felixstowe 1/32 size!

Pity Italeri's 1/48 Osprey is well, yuck.

But each to his own. I also have a 1/35 Hind, which is about right - and impressive - in that scale (but should have been a 1/32)

I have to agree with Jennings, way too many moving parts for my liking, and for me far far and away from my interests to build.

I can't imagine flying in one, it can't glide if a engine or prop fails and it can't auto rotate.  It's pretty much extremely complicated yet everything must work or your dead, no middle ground of hope it something breaks down.

Ok here we go with the pics

Im note sure about the scale 1/32 of 1/35

Like you can see i didt a bit clean up

The first pic thats a A3 size cutting mat to give a idee on how big this is.

800_zpsxoqzkywr.jpg

801_zps6onaklo4.jpg

805_zpsa7ar6zuz.jpg

804_zpspok47z1k.jpg

804_zpspok47z1k.jpg

806_zpsqt8cd5wb.jpg

Thats all you get with this vac form

I know i have to start it but still a lot off things what i have tink about before i start this beast

In fight or not and how to scrath all the stuff

Mark

Edited by mark31

Thats the scheme/version I bought of the 1/72 Hasegawa series....only a few days before your new President was sworn in...

So yeah, definitely NOT building that plane now - instead I've got some leftover 1/48 Australian Army Aviation Corps kangaroos and numbers, so I'll do a what-if Aussie version instead...