New Tornado kit? Computer says yes?

Tony T

Guest The Southern Bandit

I actually have the original Revell IDS 1/32 kit with practically every after market accessory needed for it, resin as well, did lots of research, easily about £100 of extra's spent on it, but its an old kit and needs enthusiastic hard work ... Should I sell it now, or is the Italeri kit a re-pop of the old Revell kit ... I need to know :)

I actually have the original Revell IDS 1/32 kit with practically every after market accessory needed for it, resin as well, did lots of research, easily about £100 of extra's spent on it, but its an old kit and needs enthusiastic hard work ... Should I sell it now, or is the Italeri kit a re-pop of the old Revell kit ... I need to know :)

I have thé samen problem over here but m thinking let thé new kit come out

With a bit of tlc you van make a very Nice tonka from the revell kit

Mark

Please dont be saying that now Dave Williams, if this rumour of a new tool GR4 from Italeri is true, then I'm in ... I live in RAF Lossiemouth territory and would buy a new tool GR4 on day one, in any scale.

Are the current Italeri releases as bad as Dave says? was kinda thinking on a Starfighter F-104, the Mirage less so, but contemplating it.

Are modern Italeri kits really so bad?

Italeri aircraft kit toolings in all scales have been comparatively 'soft' in their detailing. That is to say the now accepted practice of sharp and crisp outlines to panel lines, rivets etc are a little less so on their models, but once you've got some primer and paint on them they look acceptable to many modellers.

Their truck kits are the complete opposite, the detail is very crisp and sharp and up to modern day standards.

I suspect that the type of plastic they use just doesn't mould as well under a lower pressure environment that they need for the type of tooling they're using.  This is a complete guess, but it doesn't stop me buying their kits!

​I'd say, look for builds on the web and make your own judgement, not Tamiya but I've had little problems with the one's I've built so far. HTH.

Have fun.

Italeri aircraft kit toolings in all scales have been comparatively 'soft' in their detailing................

I think it's only a matter of investment (money) in the molds production, It was explained well by one of eastern manufacturers some time ago, maybe the aircraft sector at the end doesn't make it economically as other sectors where Italeri is present.

most are now upgraded to GR4 standard since 2012

I did not know... sorry.

but are these Saudi GR.4 (or GR.4A?) cleared for the JP.233 as well? I've always dreamt to build at least one RSAF Tornado with 2 JP.233 on the belly  :wub:

760_5.jpg

Edited by Luca

Not fussed about the flaps n slats, but some REALLY ACCURATE ordnance would really float my boat!!

I worked on 617 Sqn, and when our jets were parked, the flaps n slats were deployed unless we were on detatchment, they were raised after the lineys had checked them.