F-16I Sufa: 1/31/17: MOVING FORWARD

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Andy

Thank You fort he very kind comments. I was quite surprises on how detailed the Aries casting really was and as I kept getting deeper and deeper into the hand painting, it did seem like it was never ending. In the end, I was quite satisfied with the final presentation. Now gluing it in place permanently, is a whole new adventure

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Carl

Greatly appreciate the heads up on the Quickboost M-61 barrel assembly and after checking it out, no question, it will do the trick. The M61 Gun Barrel is ordered and on it's way Priority mail and hopefully I'll have it by Saturday or Monday for installation. Still can't understand why Academy didn't include the part in the kit that i

lists for $175 and sold for around $140.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Chuck ..

There were times I used the Optivisor, times I used the Ott Magnifying lamp and times I forgot I had the Optivisor on and used the Magnifying lamp at the same time.

Right now, I only have the Aires wheel well semi secured with  SB Medium CCA glue and am borrowing a page from you F-15 build in using some sprue and GEL CCA to lock everything into place. I was originally going to epoxy but the photos and your recommendation gave me confidence to go the thick CCA route.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks JA

Took a while a few re-do's but I finally figured out how to air brush the intakes gloss white with no errors or runs.

Bro

Guest Peterpools

Don, Thank you for the comments and the BIG issue with the wheel well. That exact scenario has been on my mind since I decided to used the casting as there are zero locating pins for aligning the large casting and if it's off the mark, it will be too late to regroup the troops and try and repair the damage. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Tony

Very much appreciated. What doesn't show was all the redo's as the old hands aren't as steady as they once were

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thank You Ron

Just glad that portion of the build is finished - looking back, the casting is really made for builders with rock steady hands and I'm afraid to say, I'm starting to move out of that category these days.

Peter