Dragon

RF-8 Crusader Decals

Me to

As someone who went to daycare at El Toro MCAS, I heartily agree! Who else remembers where the old commissary was wayyyy back in the day, near the end of the runway?? Mom would buy some soda for us and we'd sit there right outside the little building where drinks and liquor was sold and we'd watch and listen to the jets taking off. Wow, so much fun for a little tyke!

Another great choice: John Glenn's Project Bullet RF-8. That would be super and with his recent passing a nice tribute to the man and his achievements.  Maybe we can get Zotz to do another short run with Marine birds?

Hoping!

Bob

As someone who went to daycare at El Toro MCAS, I heartily agree! Who else remembers where the old commissary was wayyyy back in the day, near the end of the runway?? Mom would buy some soda for us and we'd sit there right outside the little building where drinks and liquor was sold and we'd watch and listen to the jets taking off. Wow, so much fun for a little tyke!

Another great choice: John Glenn's Project Bullet RF-8. That would be super and with his recent passing a nice tribute to the man and his achievements.  Maybe we can get Zotz to do another short run with Marine birds?

Hoping!

Bob

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/c66.0.480.480/12120472_1481708252131762_687137890_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTA5ODUzNzYxNzQ0MjAzMjg1OA%3D%3D.2.c

I grew up in the Point Mugu flight path. So I understand.

Oh yeah, you get it!

Every once in a blue moon, the local Phantom squadrons would do emergency takeoffs, or whatever the term was, directly over the I-405 freeway instead of the usual departure towards the east. You'd see Phantoms in full burner maybe 100 feet over the freeway zooming upwards. If you were a motorist and weren't ready for the BOOM!!! then look out. I remember being just short on the 405 one day and watching them right over the cars and trucks ahead at obscenely low altitudes, it was so loud! They truly couldn't have been more than 100 feet up, if that. I'll bet more than few pairs of boxers were soiled that day. Ah, good times...

Anyway, back on topic. more RF-8A decals PLEASE! 

Bob