Mig 23 Flogger B in cuban markings

blackbetty

thanx guys!

i took some pics of the corrected nose (right), its shorter and has a greater diameter (thats why you have to shim the fuselage halves, with the nose it just looks better to me. the corrected nose also corresponds to the drawings i have.

14_zpsqgludiyh.jpg

15_zpsinquncer.jpg

i have not investigated the wing position, but will do shortly

Edited by blackbetty

7 mm shorter - that should be around 4.5 mm shorter in 1:48.  The nose in the smaller scale kit (don't have the 1:32 kit) strikes me as a little long, and making it that much shorter should look better to my eyes.  Plan was to make a Libyan Flogger-E, so a new radome will have to be scribed, but I believe the overall external shape would be similar to the Flogger-B.

Jens

and then closed up the front fuselage, some "persuasion" required :rolleyes:  the cockpit colour looks really funky and too dark in the pics, its better in reality

13_zpseug853lr.jpg

thanx for watching

Karl

It's never Too Funky!

Guest Peterpools

Karl

Terrific choice of subject and what a start. Super work on the corrections and incorporating Zaco and Aries AM sets - what a difference

Keep 'em coming

Peter

thanx Peter

i joined front and middle part of the fuselage next. first the lower part. after drying i worked on the sidewalls and lowered them about 1mm so the top part sits without a gap

IMG_20170127_142834%201_zpsl0d6zs5o.jpg

to get the upper fuse lower and have less gaps at the wingroots i made a cnector out of sheet to pull it down

IMG_20170127_142822_zpsvhgokidv.jpgIMG_20170127_142810_zpsfcvhwvxt.jpg

• 1 month later...

does anybody have a better pic of the cuban flogger in this guise?

MiG23airp1_zps0s1blxrn.jpg

there are drawings but i dont trust these. it seems to have red bort numbers and light coloured splitterplates, just like the lower surfaces