Mig 23 Flogger B in cuban markings

blackbetty

Staying with my current fascination with russian cold war jets i started another build, the trumpy flogger B:

01_zpsetem7zvu.jpg

i will throw some aftermarket at this and hope to also correct the landinggear (or at least make it look right):

i have the Zacto intake splitters, Florins corrected nose, Aires pit and wheelwells, resin wheels. some of it here (i will save the HAD seats for another build)

02_zpsdfdaeisy.jpg

i will look like this (fair use):

03_zpsw7p0zeet.jpg

Edited by blackbetty

Would be interesting to know your comments about the Zacto intakes. It looks so easy when Zactoman shows how to install them; but he is also able to punch 600 tiny holes into each intake splitter - each and every correct aligned of course... I am a mere mortal.

I have this kit in the stash too, with the Aires goodies, Armory wheels, brass pitots and static dischargers, Profimodeller oxygen bottles, Eduard canopy masks. Not to forget the Begemot decals. Watching you!

Regards

- dutik

thanx guys for all the interest! hope i can do it justice...

as for the intakes: i didnt have a lot of problems modifying them, the zacto parts fit is good if you follow the instructions. as for the little pads that have to be attached to the fuselage, you just have to take your time. with the provided template its sure doable, even by hamfisted me. if i manage to get the little plastc strips straight, we will see..

10_zpsz78zw0kn.jpg

Great work on these detail sets that will really add to the model.  Would you mind taking a photo comparing the kit nose to the resin nose to highlight the differences?

One thing that I have noticed on my 1:48 Trumpeter Flogger is that the wings have no anhedral.  The wing gloves have a slight anhedral, but the wings are flat.  From pics, it appears that the wings should have anhedral as well.  I am assuming that Trumpeter used the same 3D surfaces when they shrank the 1:32 kit to 1:48...

Jens