Drag racing tri build

ollieholmes

Ive got a general interest in racing cars so ill try and post more here.

Please do, that's what this area is for. I'll be posting a few here myself, as soon as one of them is finished, perhaps sooner.

Please do, that's what this area is for. I'll be posting a few here myself, as soon as one of them is finished, perhaps sooner.

I shall keep my eyes open for any of your posts. Im a huge petrol head so cars always catch my eye.

That looks very nice. Have you used the BMF for the window surrounds? Its something i fancy trying but ive not been brave enough yet.

Yes, that's BMF, with a very dark gray (almost black) wash around it.

That looks very nice. Have you used the BMF for the window surrounds? Its something i fancy trying but ive not been brave enough yet.

The Molotow Liquid Chrome pen might be easier- I saw a pic on FB where the builder used the pen on his model car, the results were amazing.

• 1 month later...

So i finished the first of the cars but forgot to post photos for a while:

20170307_212159_zpslwbij9oc.jpg

20170307_212155_zpsnqfelybo.jpg

20170307_212207_zpscbktpthw.jpg

So next up we move onto Swamp Rat XXX a top fuel dragster. Driving this car Don Garlits was the first person to break the 270MPH mark at the 1/4 mile.

The car suffered a major crash after that race and has now been rebuilt and is in storage for a museum. So first up is the main chassis:

20170307_212255_zps0ok9wjpn.jpg

20170308_160308_zpsmdbbrx8l.jpg

And the all important loud bit the engine and rear end:

20170308_170330_zpscd1pkqjp.jpg

Edited by ollieholmes

Ollieholmes,

Very nicely done. Those decals look really quite good especially when you consider just how old they really are.

Kevin,

I'm really impressed with your paint job. It has that mile deep finish to it.

Joel

Kevin,

I'm really impressed with your paint job. It has that mile deep finish to it.

Joel

Thanks a bunch. That was actually the very first car body that I ever sprayed with lacquer. The paint jobs that followed, got better, but I still like this one. Need to finish it this year.

Awesome build!  I'm currently in the middle of a 1/16 Duster funny car that I'm putting the 1970's Mongoose decals on, and I bought a second kit and a resin body to do the Snake. 

As a kid, I never could get these two cars from Hot Wheels since they were only offered at the time in track sets. Now as a big kid I can has them in big scale!

Ive just ordered one, it will be next on my list after XXX. Ive also just ordered this decal sheet and i plan to do his 2010 challenger at some point:

http://www.slixx.com/7167.htm?id=4666

Cool. If you're not already familiar with the site, Model Roundup is a great place for ordering car models and related materials; very reliable, and the prices are usually OK too.

Awesome build!  I'm currently in the middle of a 1/16 Duster funny car that I'm putting the 1970's Mongoose decals on, and I bought a second kit and a resin body to do the Snake. 

As a kid, I never could get these two cars from Hot Wheels since they were only offered at the time in track sets. Now as a big kid I can has them in big scale!

Id love to see some photos of your build here. Ive got the Revell Hawain charger to build sometime.