HPH model L-39ZA 1/32

viva

What a lovely build! If I might ask, how were the exterior intakes to attach? I ask because Brenhen had a difficult time with them in his build: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=56329

Same here ! I had a hard time wiith the kit intake. It took me 2 days just to get the darn things flush with the fuselage. Following your links, I'm afraid Brenhen attached the intake upside down, please excuse if I''m wrong.

Edited by viva

Same here ! I had a hard time wiith the kit intake. It took me 2 days just to get the darn things flush with the fuselage. Following your links, I'm afraid Brenhen attached the intake upside down, please excuse if I''m wrong.

Yes, it struck me his intakes flare out in a way that isn't apparent on the L-39Cs the Bees were flying. 

IMG_20150527_234645814.jpg

On the other hand, Jose Pires' build looks more like the actual planes:

150_zpsec5350d8.jpg

What a lovely build!  If I might ask, how were the exterior intakes to attach?  I ask because Brenhen had a difficult time with them in his build: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=56329

No offense to Brenhen, but looking at his photos, I'm sure he installed the intakes on the wrong sides.

Looking great Viva- 

Cheers

Pete

Hi all,

Some update: decal is "too" good, too thin so be careful, I left most of the stencil due to so many of them :) . A pin wash using Mig panel line dark grey, natural brown, black knight follow by some rain mark from Mig. I used color pencil for all the chips and scratch on the fuselage. More works ahead, ground equipment, gun sight, towing bar...etc. All pics were taken with my phine camera so the quality isn't good enough.

252B2B1E-CF99-4DB2-92D0-B2D1E6A5B17D_zps

A7B9B9BB-2E55-4244-92F5-A33A7F700EFA_zpsD0-B2D1E6A5B17D_zpsnngusq2y.jpg[/img]

C38FDA4B-09BD-4C5D-8DCF-6B90E2E4BFD7_zps

869EB0E9-0441-4221-AB57-FB4B27E8C6AA_zps

484B1CD4-36C4-46C6-AD83-5C61807850B1_zps

Edited by viva

The decaling is so realistic, you can't tell the difference from it or paint. Very, very well done. Just one question, did the decals come looking like they were weathered, or did you lightly overcoat them to blend them in?

Joel

The decaling is so realistic, you can't tell the difference from it or paint. Very, very well done. Just one question, did the decals come looking like they were weathered, or did you lightly overcoat them to blend them in?

Joel

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the comments, I sealed the decal with 2 coat of semi gloss vanish, then airbush a faded color (white, blue and red) on the roundle decal and used some oil color to blend everything. together. I also added some chippings using a fine tip color pencil

Based on one pic I found on the web, even I don't know what is the name or the function of this equipment but it should add some color to spice things up. I used Lego blocks to create the overall shape as I don't want to spend much time with this. Light curring putty used to fill all the gaps. The red/white check board are uneven at some places but I wouldn't care too much :) . Wheels will be added later on, that's all for today.

3F46493A-A1D7-4DFB-813A-01ADEA738D4F_zps

5B8BA8E2-0B7B-45DB-98C7-90E99DFA8B15_zps

0E27F35B-1C7D-4DB7-A679-F91D77A26A0E_zps

5D2592EF-09E6-43FA-B9C6-3CA64942878C_zps