1/32 Birddog

Mr b

Hello Folks,

The first build for 2017 will be the new Roden Birddog.

77A88173-B75A-41C9-BB34-27832969EFDB_zps

Boxart

C8438727-0A34-4EDA-B6CF-461137F2DD11_zps

The contents washed and ready to dry and start

First impressions....decals don't look too good as well as the clear parts....might write in for a new clear spure as one of the cabin window looks poorly we will see as we progress

Rgds and thanks for looking in

Brian

Wonderful!  I have this kit too (along with the AOA Decals) and I'm going to try and start it as soon as I clear a few things off the bench.  Needless to say, I'll be watching your build closely!

Are you planning on adding any details to the cockpit?

-Derek

Brian - Study the engine and engine mount assembly carefully.  There are parts that need to be at a specific angle that have no positive means to insure their correct positioning; specifically the forward and rear engine supports that need to interact with engine bearers later in assembly.  Once you get past the engine assembly things get a bit better.  I have mine sitting on the Shelf of Doom at the moment due to the mess that I made of the engine.

Brian - Study the engine and engine mount assembly carefully.  There are parts that need to be at a specific angle that have no positive means to insure their correct positioning; specifically the forward and rear engine supports that need to interact with engine bearers later in assembly.  Once you get past the engine assembly things get a bit better.  I have mine sitting on the Shelf of Doom at the moment due to the mess that I made of the engine.

That's good info Ron, thanks. Are you talking about part numbers 12D and 9D in step 9?

-Derek

That's good info Ron, thanks. Are you talking about part numbers 12D and 9D in step 9?

-Derek

The supports are 15E, 16E, 17E, 18E in step 2.  The engine bearers (9D, 12D in step 9) fit into 15E and 16E and rest against the upper ends of 17E and 18E.  The angles of 15-16-17-18E are critical if the bearers are to line up with them.  Unfortunately you don't find out if you got it right until it's too late.  Alcohol and excessive speed may have contributed to my problems...sigh.

Thanks a lot guys ......

Ron..... many thanks for the heads up.......I have done the supports .....already......hope I did not hash them up.......when it come to the engine bareres.

Derek.....yes AOA decals.....but I am quite partial to a Thai one......but nobody make them......so I might call on AOA or just be satisfied with the box options.......cockpit.....looks kinda bear....might add some small stuff like the map lights etc....not to sure....I have done some quilting for now and will take it from there....

Planing to spend sometime with it today......hopefully it will warrant a photo update .......

Happy Modelling to all

Rgds

Hi Brian,

Any updates on this one?

I started mine this afternoon.  I was disappointed to see that a couple of my engine parts were apparently short shot - both side of my engine intake for one - ugh...  I'll have to build that up with sheet plastic as best I can.  I hope I got the angles of the engine supports right!

Perhaps I should start my own WIP so we can compare notes.

-Derek

Edited by Viking73

Hello Derek,

Was busy with work and stuff....managed some work.....hopefully will post updates by tomorrow.........focusing mainly on the cockpit now......decided to tackle the engine once I mount and secure the firewall in....place.....needed to do some modification of my sound proofing too as it was too close to the firewall area.

Yes I would really appericate if you start your own build thread ....we can compare notes as you suggested plus if will give me a chance to pick up some ideas to incorporate into my build. Pleas open one sir thanks

Till tomorrow then

Rgds