He-219 A-2 Revell Quickbuild

dutik

Guest Peterpools

Hi Lee

Just plopped the weight on my Weight Watcher's scale:

50 oz / 141 g

The weight goes in the fuel tank closest to the cockpit area and not in the nose, so a further forward position may not need as much weight.

Peter

This PE set is not as complicated as the most sets. A simple drop fit (just hold it down until superglue has cured) that enhances the look a much. The large parts cover all seams and gaps between the nacelle parts. No need for putty and sanding. Great! You can also leave the smaller bits off and go with the large paneels only if you are shy with tiny or multi-bend PE.

Painting at the Moment the plumbing in red and yellow. A wash will follow.

Regards

- dutik

Good. The spars help with alignment and sturdy connection. There was only a fine seam left. Added a little bit of putty, sanded it and added a final coat of superglue. Done.

Adding the inner flaps is a problem. Too tight with alignment pins at both sides. I cut off one of the pins of each flap, that did the trick.

Well, broke the pilots headrest off during handling. Thanks God, found the part on the floor and was able to glue it onto again...

Guess I should use some kind of jig for further working.

Regards

- dutik

• 3 weeks later...

Boxed in for the European Model Expo 2017:

img_5103-001jzslr.jpg

img_5102-001t8s2b.jpg

The 219, my Texan and Caudron, the Mistel and the Daisy hidden at the lower floor, the 162, V-1 and my RQ-7B on top. The 219 is that large it didn't fit into the large box (a WNW Gotha would...) so it had to be tilted.

Regards

- dutik

Guest Peterpools

dutik

Super progress on you Owl ... she is looking might good. I can just imaging the work involved in packing her up for a show; a lot of real estate to move around

Peter