Aztec AB repairs

simon64

I was wondering if any of you know of an address here in the UK for Aztec? One of my brushes has developed a fault and I want to send it back for repairs on their life time warranty.

Thanks for the tip on shesto, I'll give them an E-mail. Brad thye A470 (I think, it's been several years since I got it) has developed a masive air leak in the main body of the brush, I think the body join line where the 2 halves meet must have seperated.

Edited by simon64

Brad thye A470 (I think, it's been several years since I got it) has developed a masive air leak in the main body of the brush, I think the body join line where the 2 halves meet must have seperated.

Air leak in the body means you've probably blown the hose that leads from the trigger valve to the nozzle (the blue one). It's a fairly soft plastic so it will eventually rupture, I just sticky taped mine back together and kept going, that was about 18 months ago, but I voided my warranty years ago as I take mine apart to clean it regularly. 

2.jpg

it was the first sort of proper AB so i've got a bit of a soft spot for it and dont realy want to let it go! So I think I'm going to try Brads method as I cant make any worse than it all ready is, totally unusable  :hmmm: 

Thanks for that Brad. How difficult is it to seperate the body halves?

It's only pressed together with locating pins, all I do is use a flat screw driver to slowly work the two sections apart from the bottom and the rear. Be careful though as the plastic scars easily and you will mark it no matter what, so if you send it back for a warranty job they'll know you've voided it.

If you have gotten it apart, you might as well give the nozzle plunger a good clean too, the paint blowing back into the body and drying is what causes the trigger to stick. Here's my pictures of how to take everything apart. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

Pull the insides out.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Remove the valve (it's just pressed in). Note if this is what has failed, you can't fix it.

5.jpg

Remove trigger and plunger. Note the red arrows indicate where the parts join and it is spring loaded so be careful taking it apart of it will launch the punger across the room.

6.jpg

Take plunger out of the trigger and clean it off.

7.jpg

Now clean off all the gunk you find where the arrows point.

8.jpg

Put it all back together in the reverse order. You can also remove the blue air hose to repair or replace, it's just pushed in and not glued. Also when putting back together, be careful not to pinch the clear air hose at the back, it can get caught.

I do the exact same as you do, Brad. I have the metal bodied Aztek, held together with screws but the innards are pretty much the same. Cleaning the plunger and the part it goes into are crucial to the brush working right, especially when doing really fine lines. I consider the stripping/cleaning/assembling as you outlined routine maintenance on these airbrushes.

Don