If Revells P-51 is a all new tooling I'm in

oyoy5

If RoG goes the recent "Hasegawa" route and gives us a decent cockpit, and does not include an engine, I'll be happy and probably get one. To be honest, I am getting kind of burnt out building the high parts count Tamiya uber kits lately, so I'd like a simple P-51D without an engine, but decent cockpit please & thanks!

Cheers

Brad

Edited by Brad-M

The MRSPs for the new 1/32 kits are:

FW 190 A-8           39,99

Spit Mk. IXc           29,99

He 219 A-0            59,99

P-51 D                   39,99

1/48:

Tornado F.3 ADV           29,99

FW 190 D-9 (Edu)          29,99

MiG-25 (ICM)                 49,99

Il-2 (AccMin, singles,)    39,99

Ju 88 A-4 (ICM)              29,99

Beaufighter                     39,99

all prices in Euro

Here's a thought - I wonder if the new tool D kit will be at all compatible with the old B kit? In other words, could you combine the two and make a better B/C out of it? 

Edited by BiggTim

Here's a thought - I wonder if the new tool D kit will be at all compatible with the old B kit? In other words, could you combine the two and make a better B/C out of it? 

I'd be very surprised if that were so. It probably could be done, but would not be easy, take a ton of time & work and would likely look like somebody has tried to combine a D with a B and ended up with a Z. 

If it does, then no one on here will go near it with a ten metre pole. We are expecting an accurate kit, and nothing on the old kit came close to that idea.

We are expecting an accurate kit, and nothing on the old kit came close to that idea.

I think that sums it up well, even from someones perspective who is looking for a budget conscious option. Every modeler should expect a reasonably accurate shape/outline when a brand new tool kit is offered up, even the cheaper ones..............otherwise, in today's climate, why bother?

There are plenty of horrible kits on the market IMHO, and unless Im mistaken with today's used technologies, it doesn't seem like it would take a whole lot more effort (if ANY) to get it right VS getting it wrong. 

Edited by Out2gtcha

The MRSPs for the new 1/32 kits are:

FW 190 A-8           39,99

Spit Mk. IXc           29,99

He 219 A-0            59,99

P-51 D                   39,99

1/48:

Tornado F.3 ADV           29,99

FW 190 D-9 (Edu)          29,99

MiG-25 (ICM)                 49,99

Il-2 (AccMin, singles,)    39,99

Ju 88 A-4 (ICM)              29,99

Beaufighter                     39,99

all prices in Euro

£43.70 for the Foxbat (currently available in the UK for under £40 in the quite superb ICM boxing) is expected but any clue as to the 1/32 Super Hornet sticker? I will buy the Beaufighter as I'm sick of the Tamiya one.

Tony

£43.70 for the Foxbat (currently available in the UK for under £40 in the quite superb ICM boxing) is expected but any clue as to the 1/32 Super Hornet sticker? I will buy the Beaufighter as I'm sick of the Tamiya one.

Tony

I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with the Super Hornet kit. I have the 1:48 kit, and it's pretty darned nice, especially given the cost.

Always positive about Revell, and that blue and yellow logo (which has changed little, unlike other brands) has been with me since childhood in the 1960s, so I love their kits. A warm place to go.

The Super Hornet is a big jet so I'm curious about price. I resisted the Trumpeter offerings as they seemed a step down from the Academy C/D legacy versions, so I have high hopes for the Revell. With the Blue Angels converting to the E/F by this Autumn it pretty much clinches it.

My point about the superb ICM Foxbat boxing was literally that. It comes with an arty lid and underneath there's a corrugated cardboard tray and lid. The Revell version is likely to be a full colour but end-opening relatively flimsy box. But I'll buy it. And the new tool Beaufighter.

Tony