If Revells P-51 is a all new tooling I'm in

oyoy5

Why oh why don't Revell use a proper box, with a top and bottom?

The side-openers are an absolute pain. Bit's slide out, it can't be used opened and it has all the rigidity of Madonna's knickers.

When I organise my stash, Revell boxes are always on the top of the pile. Good old Trumpeter & Tamiya can be relied upon to have anything piled on top of them. But on top are Revell. And PCM, who's box is at least top opening, albeit likely to collapse like and England middle order, should a ray of sunlight strike it.

Why oh why don't Revell use a proper box, with a top and bottom?

The side-openers are an absolute pain. Bit's slide out, it can't be used opened and it has all the rigidity of Madonna's knickers.

When I organise my stash, Revell boxes are always on the top of the pile. Good old Trumpeter & Tamiya can be relied upon to have anything piled on top of them. But on top are Revell. And PCM, who's box is at least top opening, albeit likely to collapse like and England middle order, should a ray of sunlight strike it.

The obvious solution then, is to build the Revell kits first, then throw the boxes out.

The Super Hornet at 80€ sounds excellent value. Thanks Andreas.

The flimsiest box I've encountered is the Fly Wessex. But there's so much stuffed into what actually is relatively tiny it keeps its shape. I store most kits in Rymans 61x45x45 approx cm double corrugated boxes. Dull, I know, but when you open one up after a year it's like Christmas has come.

Tony

First time commenting guys and gals, so be gentle. I'm just gonna throw my 2 cents worth on the work bench, isn't really about having fun, loosing track of time here and there, getting excited going to the hobby shop? Sure, some  got mondo skills, and the rest of us look at the work and go 'Damn that's good!", right? It's about creating your own Master Piece, just for fun. That's my 2 cents.

Thanks for 'listening' folks.

First time commenting guys and gals, so be gentle. I'm just gonna throw my 2 cents worth on the work bench,

isn't really about having fun,

losing track of time here and there,

getting excited going to the hobby shop? Sure, some  got mondo skills, and the rest of us look at the work and go 'Damn that's good!", right?

It's about creating your own Master Piece, just for fun. That's my 2 cents.

OK, I'll try to be gentle, but at the same time give you a glimpse into another individual's mind (just a glimpse- there's stuff in there I DO NOT want you to see!):

Having fun: I hope so- not much point in doing it (unless you're a professional) if you aren't having fun.  But what things contribute to making it more or less fun?  [i might expand on that later, but don't want to get sidetracked, because, well, see next entry:]

Losing track of time: Well, all the time the internet model discussions suck out of my life certainly do that- but I'm (usually) having fun, and sometimes learning... Oh, right, building a model- I'd have more time for that if I didn't lose track while reading on line!

Getting excited about hobby shop: If I could find one.  These days they have to come to me, but I do get excited anticipating a package in the mail (today, I think, for example!)  If I drive the six hours to visit my father, I can stop at the really good hobby shop about five hours into the trip- unless my wife is with me and grumbles about the side-track adding to the time before we get home...

Creating your own masterpiece: Yeah, kinda.  There's that little problem of "AMS" to wrestle with, but I've never completed a model that I wasn't happy to gaze upon, faults and all.  But there's that ambition to create a "masterpiece"...

bob

First time commenting guys and gals, so be gentle. I'm just gonna throw my 2 cents worth on the work bench, isn't really about having fun, loosing track of time here and there, getting excited going to the hobby shop? Sure, some  got mondo skills, and the rest of us look at the work and go 'Damn that's good!", right? It's about creating your own Master Piece, just for fun. That's my 2 cents.

I personally consider what we do art. I mean you could give the same kit to 50 different people and you would have 50 individual results.    For me, I normally only ever do 1 of most any model (except for maybe a select few) and I like to the absolute top/best 1 of that that i can. 

Guest Airfixer

Having fun?

Sorry, I'm German.

The concept of "having fun" is far beyond my/our comprehension. Can we invade it, instead?

P.S.

Just between you and me and the wall...

I've decided to keep quiet about the fact that I'm half French...

<cough...cough>

Edited by Airfixer

Having fun?

Sorry, I'm German.

The concept of "having fun" is far beyond my/our comprehension. Can we invade it, instead?

You realize of course I just moved into new digs at work with a BRAND new keyboard?!??    The NOS energy drink I almost spat all over it would do its movement nor dexterity any good  :lol:

Edited by Out2gtcha

Hey there folks, back again. Glad to see my comment sparked a 'wee bit' of a conversation. I appreciate being able to converse with everybody. Thanks. I guess I will find out about "HS" in due course,(thanks KOG7777.)  Ya know, I just spoke about what I experience when I'm workin on a build. It's the same thing as when I'm playin my Bass. As far as the hobby shop goes, I'm lucky, have 3 that I know of, local, so it's good (and pricy at times, but what the hell). I just want to improve my skills, that's all. Like everybody else. See ya in the funny papers.