Hasegawa N1K2 George

LSP_K2

i agree with you . HGW belts are my go to choice  . 

for the build now: hasegawa 1/32 birds are a treat to anyone . well made , good fir and quite cheap (i found my N1K for 25$ second hand.)wich is why i now have quite a few of them . 

cant wait to see the end result on yours , will definitivelly make me buy a couple more !

Great job so far Kevin! She's coming along nicely!! I really want to get this kit now - after seeing your build!!

Cheers

Alan

You won't regret it, it's beautiful. The 'pit could use some extra details, but straight OOB, it still looks pretty spiffy.

hey Kev, check the book I returned to you, it has a PE panel it too

How odd, I recall that, but I could have sworn that it was Tony stuff. I'll check it out, Shawn, that's for sure. If nothing else, I'll certainly be able to use the belts.

some G-Factor gear (I realize the Has stock gear is not bad, but with the SUPER long spindly gear of the George, I didnt want to take any chances)

Sorry to hi-jack K2!      Model on! 

So far, the kit doesn't seem to have much weight to it, so I'll probably pass on the gear, especially for $18.

So far, the kit doesn't seem to have much weight to it, so I'll probably pass on the gear, especially for $18.

Yeah, I figured as much, but really wasnt sure how stable they were going to be. Oh well, Ive already ordered a set with the HGW belts and barrels, so we shall see...........

I seemed to have justified it by realizing I spent WAY more on dinner last night than the cost of the gear, and Ill get to enjoy the gear much longer. 

Edited by Out2gtcha

I think they're great for those that want them, Brian, absolutely. With my budget however, I have to very seriously consider whether there's a genuine need for them or not.

Oh, and I goofed, the Quickboost barrels I saw, are 1:48 scale.

Me too normally Kev. However, Im a day or so out from an escrow refund check from a recent mortgage re-fi, and I threw those considerations out temporarily.  :lol:

Model Technologies/Waldron Products? Are they even in business?

As far as I know, Model Technologies is long gone now, but I think some Waldron stocks are still available. I have a small collection of Model Technologies from way back, along with a fair amount of Waldron items, all 1:32 and 1:24.

Well, another boo boo, compliments of yours truly. I never noticed (until after the cement had dried) that the scoop like gizmo behind the 'pit area, has four small ejector pin marks. My solution will be to just cut some .010 card to fill that area, but it would have been a lot easier/better to deal with them beforehand. 

N1K2%206%20001_zpsvptl5v4g.jpg