LSP_K2

Hasegawa N1K2 George

Huh ?  Was it something you said ?

Apparently, sometime since I joined a year ago or so, they've decided not to allow members with a Gmail account. Since Gmail is all I have, I can't re-register either, nor can I contact the system admin there, as I need to be logged on to do that. 

Starboard side of tail wheel fork had an ejector pin mark smack in the middle of it, so I've filled it with surfacer (3 coats), but now the photo shows that I still need to do a wee more sanding, then on with the paint.

bvznBE.jpg

Cowl touched up with the black lacquer, and looks much better, with the gouges and scrapes now gone. Tomorrow it gets the Alclad aluminum, then the green. I'm a happy guy!

yMLD0k.jpg

Tail wheel strut now shot with MM oiled steel (I have no idea why it appears so "grainy", but looks fine in person), and tire painted with a very dark grey. Again, clear coat will undoubtedly help, as will a nice wash. I also globbed some CA around the upper portion of the strut (not visible on finished model), as this is a particularly weak point in the assembly.

DzC9V1.jpg

Primer on! Overall, this actually looks way better than I'd hoped, though not without a few "issues". The sandable lacquer primer, as expected, did a great job of filling in the smallish sanding scratches.

73VJLl.jpg

One area that still needs some serious work, is the tail section to fuselage joint. While my visual examination (before primer) indicated this area was OK, it obviously isn't, and highlighting this fact, is one of the great things about primers. I also apparently neglected to scribe a few lines, but I'll make short work out of those.

dvLX3G.jpg

Some work done to the cannon barrels (two of the four are done now). I considered some nice Master barrels, but given the additional cost, decided against it.

nnH9Af.jpg

Now the good news/bad news. MLG turned out great, at least on the inside,...

PIwsC5.jpg

But I fumbled one of the gear assemblies immediately after painting it, dropped it, but caught it, naturally grabbing a hold of the freshly painted surface. :blush:

xZomnW.jpg

Bummer! 

What would modelling be without dropped parts and damaged finishes...

I would be heaven dammmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaz

The tail joint was a hard one for me; yours is less noticeable than mine. That is the biggest flaw in this kit for me, but not a deal breaker.

I seem to always have issues with tails that are separate. I glommed on two coats of Tamiya white last night, so I'll be sanding that out later today. It also looks as if there's perhaps a sink mark immediately ahead of the joint, so I'll have to check that out too. I also noticed that I must have wobbled the camera the moment the shutter was released, as it appears there are two of each panel line, when there's of course only one of each. 

Kinda like dropping a piece of buttered toast; of course it COULD land bread side down, but you know it won't, and will invariably land butter side down every time.

At least it was the door side, and that'll be a lot easier to deal with than if it'd been the gear side, so I'm not complaining too much.