Hasegawa N1K2 George

LSP_K2

man I spent days researching what color the engine was supposed to be and you're right, once the spinner is in place you dont see much at all.

Yep, I looked into that early on (to decide what, if anything, I wanted to do to the nacelle interior), and decided just not to bother.

X90rV8.jpg

at least they got the prop bosses and weights correct

I went this way for the engine colors:

24527863569_b3f6833c85_b.jpg

Yep, all things considered, there's far more that's right about the Hasegawa George, than anything that might be wrong. It's an excellent, excellent kit.

WP7_180.jpg

My colors ended up similarish, as per the great photos in the Aero Detail book, though many of the engine colors in that book (museum aircraft), are highly suspect, from what I can gather.

yeah I used the same book (remember you loaned it to me ;)  ) and online ref's all said the same thing

I do recall that, Shawn, yes. All things considered, it's really an excellent reference on the George though, I think.

Excellent visiting with you yesterday, my friend, very enjoyable, and your new drums look really nice.

Cowl flaps each had three ejector pin marks, so I've eliminated those now, though I see in the photo that I somehow missed part of one. It's highly unlikely that these would show anyway, but I'm just not willing to take the chance.

hSu3nE.jpg