Hasegawa N1K2 George

LSP_K2

he's a shiny one

I generally knock down the dull material, with a wire wheel in my Dremel. It seems to enable the parts and paint to stick better. I don't know if it's oxidation or what, but it rubs off easily on hands and such, so seems a good idea to get rid of it. I've always done this with my metal figures.

And now spritzed with some Duplicolor lacquer primer, he looks much better. One potential problem here, this figure came with the Ki-61, so depicts an IJA pilot, whereas I'll be building an IJN aircraft. I doubt that most folks would know the difference, but I really don't have a Navy pilot to use.

Thoughts?

gear%20004_zpswvz4jte1.jpg

With a bit of renewed ambition, I've gone ahead and (mostly) finished with wing prep. Areas around the cannon fairings will need special care, but should clean up nice. It appears that I'm about ready to drop the 'pit in place and attach the wing assembly.

panels%20001_zpsapis8z20.jpg

panels%20003_zpshxvlxpkg.jpg

Now that I have epoxy again (I bought some a few weeks back), I've gone ahead and assembled the white metal figure that came with my Ki-61 kit. I'll paint him up the best I can, and if it looks OK, I'll put him on the base with the George.

jap%20007_zpsh4kxuaym.jpg

Officer: "Pilot. You must take off and ram a B-29!"

Pilot: 'By your command.'

;)

Pilot looks great ... and the wing is looking sweet too. I would probably get itchy about the difference between IJN and IJA too ... for me it'd come down to availability of reasonably priced AM options. Good luck.

Jim

There are a few AM IJN pilots, but for the most part, I don't care for the poses available, so I guess I'll stick with this guy.