Hasegawa N1K2 George

LSP_K2

Ha, are you using USPS Priority mailing boxes as building/cutting boards? That's brilliant- and, "inexpensive", too.   :innocent:  :innocent:  :innocent:

Oh yes, quite inexpensive, Lee. They work great at keeping paint and glue crud off of the table.

I think he always does...wouldn't be surprised if he's a USPS Postman!

Nope, but since Priority mail boxes are free here, I have a huge pile of them in the basement.

Regarding the bottoms being bare metal, i found more ref's that said they were bare then ones that said grey.

In the end its up to you.

I understand, Shawn. I think I'm just looking for an excuse to paint it gray, rather than to deal with NM. The reference photos are very ambiguous, sometimes appearing to be bare metal, sometimes absolutely appearing to be light gray. Even the fellas on jaircraft can't seem to come to any absolute conclusions.

I havnt looked...................do they make any PE Instruments or brass barrels for this kit?

I'm not really sure, Brian. I intended to go mostly OOB for this effort, so didn't really check for AM stuff too much. I do know that Quickboost does barrels, but I probably won't bother with them.

Master Model makes a great set of barrels that will enhance your build. Great work so far.

John

The link takes you to the 1/48 scale version, but they are also in 1/32..

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Rev4/3401-3500/rev3409-AM48021/00.shtm

Edited by logan181

Master Model makes a great set of barrels that will enhance your build. Great work so far.

John

Thanks for that. Assuming I don't botch the paint job on this, I may chase down a set, and now that I've looked, Sprue Brothers does sell them.

John

Thanks for that. Assuming I don't botch the paint job on this, I may chase down a set, and now that I've looked, Sprue Brothers does sell them.

I just picked up a whole bunch of stuff from SB.com and one thing from UMM-USA for the N1K2...............

Picked up some PE, that has some included upgrades for the wheel wells, along with a nice blackout IP and consoles, along with a set of Eduard canopy masks, some G-Factor gear (I realize the Has stock gear is not bad, but with the SUPER long spindly gear of the George, I didnt want to take any chances) and finally that set of Type 99 20mm Cannon.

I seperatly picked up a set of my favorite belts from UMM-USA for the George, as I too am not a fan of PE belts in any guise. These laser cut fabric belts by HGW are the kitties meow, and are a favorite of mine to use. The N2K2 belts look terrific from the pics Ive seen too:

0238400.jpg

Sorry to hi-jack K2!      Model on!