Hasegawa N1K2 George

LSP_K2

Meatballs masked and sprayed with Floquil reefer white.

98ke3m.jpg

Red portions sprayed using a Tamiya XF-7 flat red/X-1 black mix (I think straight red is just too bright), and the de-masking is now complete! Looks pretty cool (though far from perfect) and actually better than I’d thought it might turn out. Still more touch-ups to do though (I always seem to make some form of boo-boo or another), as well as the yellow wing LE’s, then final weathering, clear coats, etc. Thoughts?

mqq8tJ.jpg

Thanks a bunch, fellas, I really appreciate it. It has one major error that will probably knock it right out of competition, but there's simply no time to correct it, so I'll be moving forward with the rest of the finishing items.

It's coming out a heck of a lot better than mine, but then I probably spent all of two months on it. I definitely want another, and will forego the kit decals next time.

So, if it's what I think I see, did something drip on it near the wing root?   :(   I'm guessing having to get the repair to match the surrounding paint is what will eat up time?

19 minutes ago, CATCplSlade said:

It's coming out a heck of a lot better than mine, but then I probably spent all of two months on it. I definitely want another, and will forego the kit decals next time.

So, if it's what I think I see, did something drip on it near the wing root?   :(   I'm guessing having to get the repair to match the surrounding paint is what will eat up time?

No, not at all. That's just a spot where the rubber cement (on top of the Alclad) was accidentally rubbed off. When I rub off all the rest of the cement, that should provide the foundation for some decent looking worn areas, I hope. The big boo boo, is that the fuselage stripes aren't parallel, one side to the other. This is especially noticeable in the plan view, and though perhaps no too bad, still enough to be considered sloppy workmanship, which it clearly is.

17 minutes ago, Bill_S said:

Looking very nice there, Kevin! Out of curiosity, what shade of yellow did you use?

Floquil UP armor yellow, though I actually think it should be more on the orange side.

12 hours ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

Floquil UP armor yellow, though I actually think it should be more on the orange side.

I picked up a bottle of Model Master "Deep Yellow" enamel - it was in with their other Japanese colors. I've been pretty pleased with it.

DSCN1892_1.jpg

Coming along really nicely.  I have the same George kit sitting in an online shopping cart and I might have to pull the trigger on it now.

Jeff

38 minutes ago, Bill_S said:

I picked up a bottle of Model Master "Deep Yellow" enamel - it was in with their other Japanese colors. I've been pretty pleased with it.

Yep, the  MM color and the Floquil are very similar in color. I grabbed some too, as the Floquil color, once used up, cannot be replaced.

29 minutes ago, JefH said:

Coming along really nicely.  I have the same George kit sitting in an online shopping cart and I might have to pull the trigger on it now.

Jeff

Do it, Jeff. It's an outstanding model and practically builds itself.