Hasegawa N1K2 George

LSP_K2

Flaps had some nasty low spots (perhaps from using too much liquid cement?), so I've filled the low areas with surfacer and re-sanded. Now they're good to go for the black again.

fs49QZ.jpg

Same with the MLG doors (filled, but not yet sanded out).

pJOFRZ.jpg

A couple of nights ago, I discovered that my horizontal tails were all out of whack, with the starboard side being the worst, so last night I jacked it up and re-glued it; looks much better now, so this weekend I'll correct the port side.

WeFDrw.jpg

Roll protection device now all painted up to (hopefully) look like plywood. Close scrutiny of many of the George photos I've gathered, seem to indicate this was usually left unpainted. I still need to paint the aluminum cap, which I will do once this is thoroughly dry. The grainyness will go away to a large extent, once clear coated (I hope).

yAhZrJ.jpg

Checking over some last minute items that need doing before paint, I noticed that the scoop in front of the windscreen, is just a solid chunk of plastic. Since clear plastic is usually pretty hard and brittle, I just chopped it off and made another from the nearest size Plastruct channel I had.

nQliVZ.jpg

And with channel added. Still more refining to do, but it'll be much nicer than what was provided.

OZHMbA.jpg