de Havilland 82a Tiger Moth (Revell)

mozart

In between other things, work continues quietly on the Tiger Moth cockpit, just a fraction away from closing up now.  The compasses were made by punching discs then stacking them together - the ridges of the discs are visible in these pictures but since they are only 4mm dia. or so they look ok in "real life"!  I've added control rods and levers for the throttles and mixture controls on the port side plus the trim levers and on the starboard side a wire for the leading edge slats:

P4steK.jpg

Bl4zO4.jpg

Just the Sutton harnesses and crash pads at the front of each cockpit to add.  The latter are very fiddly to fit at a later stage so now's a good time to try to get them right.

A couple of in-progress shots for the underside of the Moth.  Contrary to what our friend Shaka jokes, this level of detail is essential in this aeroplane because it's characteristic of its construction and it will be easily seen......unlike some cockpits!

B4ni2z.jpg

The bolt and nut heads are from a sheet that I bought some years ago used mainly by people who make those smelly clanky things:

cCYOq0.jpg

As a fellow sufferer, what I think you meant to say was:

this level of detail is ESSENTIAL!!!!!

:D

It's not all about HUDs, missile types and ejector seat marks - lovers of wood and canvas aeroplanes have their obsessions too*

Richard

* If I were building this kit, that gap between the fuselage and the lower wing on the real aeroplane would be keeping me awake at nights....

Edited by RLWP