de Havilland 82a Tiger Moth (Revell)

mozart

Good news and bad news!!  The good news is that the stencils on the upper and lower wings really worked a treat, I'm very pleased with the result!

FQ2ig1.jpg

gwOfr3.jpg

The bad news is that in taking off the masking tape from the port wing, I managed to pull the wing away from the fuselage......the trouble those wings have caused me and all because of my earlier ineptitude!

YcFZo9.jpg

Doing the fuselage codes tomorrow and hoping to get that ******* wing back on!

Coming along beautifully Max.  Shame about the wing, but stuff happens, no doubt you'll fix it perfectly.

Incidentally, I think Alain's "Unknown Pilot" standing in front of an Albacore(?) a few posts up may well be Joan Hughes.

Edited by MikeC

It's all down to the paint I use Jeff, Mr Paint http://www.mrpaint.sk, beautifully thin and sprays straight from the bottle.  It says acrylic, the pigment may be but the carrier isn't, it's really quite smelly but I just love working with the stuff!  

Hey Max, thanks for the link, I will check it out..... got to find a supplier who has it in Canada o will ship 'to' Canada...... I need to step out of my comfort zone, all I have ever used was enamels, I did try acrylics years ago and it was a very unpleasant experience to say the least........but that was back then and it is now, so I might have to try something new.....................................sorry about the lower wing, damn......

That's looking great. Wish I had a machine to make masks too, I could do with some! Top job Max.

That's looking great. Wish I had a machine to make masks too, I could do with some! Top job Max.

Yes, the Silhouette really does making individual masks easy Radders, and I also enjoy the challenge of learning how to find the best way of using it.....making an "M" for instance is best done by doing the left half, grouping all the lines, copying the group then flipping it horizontally, joining the two halves together then grouping these into one. Once all the letters are done I grouped them all then scaled to fit the different places on the fuselage, great fun to play around with!

Hey Max, thanks for the link, I will check it out..... got to find a supplier who has it in Canada o will ship 'to' Canada...... I need to step out of my comfort zone, all I have ever used was enamels, I did try acrylics years ago and it was a very unpleasant experience to say the least........but that was back then and it is now, so I might have to try something new.....................................sorry about the lower wing, damn......

I'm not sure Mr Paints are easy to get hold of in your part of the world Jeff, hard enough and expensive in the UK but they are superb and come in an enormous range of colours including metallics so well worth it. The wing is back in place, it's funny that the little brackets that I made that give rigidity to the aft of the wing to the fuselage on the real plane really do the same job on my model!

Great work Max. Your Tiggy is looking completely spiffing.

Cheers

Thanks Guy, spiffing is a very 1930s word so very appropriate for the Tiggie era if not the quality of the model! :) Edited by mozart

Max, this is coming along beautifully! Those masks work great and the results are fantastic! Too bad about the wing, but seems OK now at least.

Yes, the aircraft in my last post is a Fairey Albacore, the successor to the famous Swordfish, but was eventually replaced in service by that very aircraft! Still one flying today, the last British aircraft that can still launch a torpedo? I wonder....