Civilian Pilot Figures

Whitey

Hi Whitey,

I'm not aware of any, sorry. Hopefully someone else will be along shortly who can be more help.

Failing that and given the new "Keep it civil" GB it might be worth approaching Norbert at ReedOak to see if he has any plans to produce civvie pilots.

If you do find any please let us know. I might consider a civvie pilot to put in the ASK 21

Cheers.

Edited by geedubelyer

Try PJ Productions -  http://www.pj-production.be/en/8-figures-1-32-?p=2

I'm using their USN 1950's pilot with spare head (aviator sunglasses and a cap) for my Revell Piper Floatplane civilian bird. 

Ive also mixed and match other heads and parts from other things like Aerobonus's 1/32 USAF Tractor driver - https://www.modelhobbies.co.uk/shop/aerobonus-usafus-army-tractor-driver-320070-p-57811.html  for civilian flyers. Just use your imagination for color callouts....

Get some civilian resin heads and use earpieces from say 1/35 Panzer crew etc. or spare heads in other kits. 

Ive collected quite a few seated pilots over the last couple weeks/months to get ready for this year - im dismayed at the lack of choice in the larger scales, compared to say, wheel well bays that will never be seen. 

The Reedoak stuff is superbly detailed, but lifeless in pose - ie. standing pilots. I'm tossing up to get some of their 1/35 helo pilots since theres almost nothing on the market (except the very rare and very expensive CMK sets).

good luck! 

Hi all, and happy new year 

Civilian pilot is something rather large, that needs to be precised :

in civilian outfits, with or without headset ?

in company uniforme ?

in military outfits (overall), as you will find it often by russians,, but not only ?

Norbert

Hi all, and happy new year 

Civilian pilot is something rather large, that needs to be precised :

in civilian outfits, with or without headset ?

in company uniforme ?

in military outfits (overall), as you will find it often by russians,, but not only ?

Norbert

Hi Norbert - I would love to see with headsets in the main, some with hats/caps, some with sunglasses, in a variety of clothing, say with T-shirt, or long sleeve polo shirt, or even a standard one piece flightsuit.

This would cover Reno Racers, bush pilots and other civilian pilots. Maybe even some female figures too as women are underrepresented as pilots and I would love to build one for my daughter.

and please oh please some WW1 (and more WW2) seated pilots and crew, i.e in the aircraft, not standing.

Many thanks!

One of my grumbles about WW2 seated pilots, and the majority of standing ones for that matter is that they are modelled wearing mae wests.  Not every pilot on every flight needed a mae west especially if you were flying in a Tiger Moth for instance up the spine of England!

Max

• 3 weeks later...