My first year on Largescaleplanes...

kkarlsen

First of all, a very BIG thank you, for all of the support and the many encouraging comments you have posted on my builds through all of 2016. It really means a lot to me!

Second: As english is not my first language, I apollogise for any misspellings or grammar errors, I will try to do better in the new year. I will also try to participate more in the threads here on LSP. But as this is my first year, it probably will take some time to get to know some of you, who has been here for a very long time.  

Third: Every one of us have different circumstances, some of us have a lot of time on our hands, others not. Some of you take your time, with meticulously attention to detail, others work fast and gets many projects done over the year, but to me, every work is an inspiration. Together with all of your input on techniques, interesting subjects, approach etc. it really is a great forum, with an amazing amount of collective knowledge.

To me it's not a competition 'who gets the most/best done throughout the year, but being here on LSP helps me focus and finish projects, instead on having them lying around for ages...

So, as the year is coming to an end I like the idea of doing an 'inventory'...

The first posting I made on LSP, was my scratch build Crossley RFC tender & trailer...

7698-300617112708-111031957.jpeg

7698-030116143408.jpeg

I later managed to finish the WNW S.e.5a to fit the Crossley build...

7698-300617112708-11105466.jpeg

But most of 2016 I spend completely 'immersed' with the B-25J 'Old Ironsides III' build and diorama...

7698-040717131717-114771832.jpeg

This was a huge undertaking, with so many new techniques to be mastered and the learning curves to go with it.

I am not sure if I will be able to pull something like this off again...

7698-040717131814-11478631.jpeg

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=60335&hl=

After the summer break I got on with the Danish Sea Lynx Helicopter, this was not as complicated as I initially feared...

7698-040717131901-11479771.jpeg

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=63279&hl=

I was very happy with theese builds and the next couple of months I worked (as I usually do) jumping from one project to another, not really working to finish anything specifically...

At the end of october I really just wanted to finish something and started the Monty's Humber conversion...

7698-040717125430-114681969.jpeg

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=65837&hl=

Then the 'Jurassic Plastic' Group Build was initiated, and this was too much of a temptation to let go...

Lets see: I have done the old Revell Beaufighter, I'm 90 % done with the Hasegawa Me 262, I've started the Hasegawa F6F Hellcat, the Matchbox SBD-5 Dauntless, the Revell Bf 109G was 40-50% and the Hasegawa Me 163 Komet wasn't started at all...

Because, this is really one of the things that inspires me the most, to bring old kits 'up to date'.

I get to do some of the scratch building I love so much, trying out and learning new techniques, building something you can't buy...

The Komet build went very smooth (nothing compared to a B-25) and I'm still planning a dio for this...

7698-040717132041-114801734.jpeg

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=65440&hl=

The final project in 2016 was bringing two of the builds together in a diorama I have wanted to do for years...

'The Souvenir Hunters' A german Bf 109G-2 Trop, together with a british vehicle and crew...

7698-040717132254-11481504.jpeg

Finished this just in time before the year 2016 comes to an end...

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=66192&hl=

Hope you all are having a good one, see you in 2017!!!

Regards: Kent Karlsen

Edited by kkarlsen

I always open a thread with your name on it with great anticipation Kent because I know I'm going to see something that shouts "QUALITY"! In your unassuming Danish way I think you've made quite an impact here on LSP, I look forward to seeing more of your inspirational builds and dioramas in 2017. Happy New Year!!

Max

Hi Kent,

So glad you signed up to LSP and share your work with us.

The models shown above go to illustrate just how skilled you are.

Truly magnificent models.

Best wishes for 2017 and many more years to come.

Cheers.

P.S, I think I found the images that you based your desert diorama on :hmmm:  ;) :)

tn_The%20Souvenier%20Hunters%20bw_zpsmq9

tn_The%20Souvenier%20Hunters%20book_zpsh

:whistle:  :innocent: :coolio:

Edited by geedubelyer

Hi guys and Haaaappppy Newww Yeaarhh, it`s around 4h till 12h here, but i`m happy to recall that it`s my first year here on the forum too... indeed i regularly followed you for about maybe... 2-3 years without subscribing, but as far as i can recollect after a couple of glasses of wine - this is my first year here. I wish you all a very happy New Year and more models! Much much more models, finished, better, gorgeous! Cheers! :)