1/18TH JSI F-14B Tomcat conversion

A-10LOADER

Guest Peterpools

Steve

WOW ... color coats .. paint going on and right with Marcel ... a milestone for sure.

Actually, to be honest, if I had a project going for five years, I would have forgotten where I put half the parts. One of the disadvantages of hitting 70!

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Greetings everyone,

Today was another huge step forward. The Dark Ghost Gray was applied to the forward sides of the fuselage. It's hard to see the difference between the bottom color, Light Ghost Gray and, the side color except at certain light and from a certain angel. Next step is to apply the top color, FS 35237 Medium Gray. Feeling excited about this build again now that it's starting to come to life. Thanks again to all who stay along for the journey.

Steve

IMG_5950_zpsmrg7ljcs.jpg

IMG_5951_zpsluhrfozl.jpg

IMG_5954_zpstrym9iiy.jpg

All the "panel fastener" details I added are really starting to show up now, time and effort well spent, very happy. 

IMG_5953_zpssfpflveh.jpg

"TOMCATS FOREVER, BABY..!"

Edited by A-10LOADER

Love it Steve!

I also love the foam pipe insulation on a cardboard box as a platform to work on. Where did you ever get that brilliant idea?

Cheers,

Chuck

Good 'ole Chuck, thanks for stopping in my friend. Good eye and great tip pal. Thanks for all your support and encouragement.

Steve

"TOMCATS FOREVER, BABY..!"

looking really sharp. I like it.

Oliver

Steve

Looking absolutely fantastic.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Peter and Oliver, thanks very much for the kind words and for stopping by to have a look.

Steve

"TOMCATS FOREVER, BABY...!"