1/18TH JSI F-14B Tomcat conversion

A-10LOADER

Steve

Simply stellar work - beautifully done

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks very much Peter, I appreciate that.

Looking absolutely amazing! It makes me wish even more that there was a new release tamiya f-14. Great work and loving the attention to details on your tomcat.

Thanks Squizzy for the kind words, much appreciated.

I really wish that this Tomcat would have been released in kit form like the 1/18th scale Dauntless was. Then I could have really super detailed her up by adding lights to the cockpit, exterior lights and, the burners.

Steve

Greetings everyone,

Wet sanding continues and, progress is being made slow but sure. Most of the top is completed just need to get the sides and the bottom. You don't realize just how big this jet is until you start wet sanding every square inch of her. Hopefully my next update I'll have something to show.

Thanks for checking in.

Steve

I managed to get quite a lot done on the Big Cat today. I took advantage of the beautiful weather we've been having here in Pennsylvania and, worked outside today. Plus, the light was very helpful. I  felt guilty knowing what the poor people of Texas are going thru right now. 

She's about 80% sanded now but, I'm STILL not sure about some spots on her. They may require some more attention before the colors start flying. default_mad.gif

Thanks to all who are staying interested in the project.

Steve

IMG_5813_zps9zazuucz.jpg

IMG_5816_zpsp4e7lhkw.jpg

IMG_5815_zpse09qlqbv.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I simply cannot get over the size of this thing. I like the work that you're doing to it but where to put it when you're done???? 

Thanks. She will go in my Aviation Room.

IMG_5660_zpsuebwgzxb.jpg

Steve, great to see progress, she is looking smooth!

Cheers,

Marcel

Thanks Marcel.

Steve

Long time no see but your work still stuns me. Just gorgeous stuff.

Geoff

Thanks for the kind words Geoff. Who knows maybe she'll make an appearance at MosquitoCon next year.

Steve