1/18TH JSI F-14B Tomcat conversion

A-10LOADER

Greetings all,
Today's update pertains to the weathering on the back end of the jet. This was accomplished using pastels, paint and, a paint pen. I'm really happy with how she's looking and had fun while doing it. I also fixed up the fuel tanks as well. Still much more to do but, progress is being made.
Thanks for all your continued support during this lengthy project. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Steve
"TOMCATS FOREVER, BABY...!"

IMG_6145_zpskro2dw12.jpg

IMG_6144_zps0ejx3uww.jpg

IMG_6148_zpsut5ptjis.jpg

IMG_6146_zpsqmcbgtnn.jpg

IMG_6147_zpsxcssiy3r.jpg

IMG_6149_zps9ljlactf.jpg

IMG_6150_zpsanyovttn.jpg

Update for today,
I went back over the top surfaces of the jet, with a thin coat of the Medium Gray, just to knock back the "sun bleached" effect and blend things together more. Thanks for staying interested in this build and enjoy the pics.

Steve

IMG_6157_zpskzhvuq2y.jpg

IMG_6158_zpscpb5hklc.jpg

IMG_6162_zpssuhkzert.jpg

IMG_6159_zps1z8xtumi.jpg

IMG_6161_zpsezuivspp.jpg

Greetings everyone,
I'm thinking this will be my last update until the jet is completed. I want my final reveal to be a surprise for everyone and, because she's so close, I don't want to give anything away until she's completed.
I was able to get the entire jet weathered and gloss coated again, to lock in all the weathering and to also help darken up the colors so that when I flat coat her, the colors won't fade away.
I need to fix one slime light decal, flat coat her, do the metal colored areas and then I can unmask her ( I'm really looking forward to that part, hopefully no over-spray found it's way inside the cockpit ) and get all the pieces added to her.
I'm hoping with in the next two weeks, at the very latest, to have a finished product to show all of you. Thanks to everyone who stayed on this ride until the end, I appreciate it very much.

Steve